What pistol do you regret selling the most?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hodgej1843

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    SOUTH SIDE INDY
    guns

all of them i wish i would have kept all my guns i have had to sell,for stuff like groceries,gas,rent,diapers,formula,and sometimes just the wrong decision.now i always do a deep thinking before i ever sell one.:twocents:

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Sheridan - Knocabout

When I was just a kid I somehow came into possession of a Sheridan "Knocabout" Tip-Up barrel single shot 22 LR pistol. I don't remember how I got it and I don't remember what happened to it. It was the first handgun I ever had and will never forget it. In 55 years I've never seen another one except in pictures. Hey, to a kid it was "GOLD!"

That was back when guns were the "normal" and people were taught more sense.

http://i366.photobucket.com/albums/oo106/flightsimmer_2009/wm_md_1053512.jpg

http://i366.photobucket.com/albums/oo106/flightsimmer_2009/KNOCABOUTLEFTSIDE.jpg

Last edited:

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    Nickled Colt Detective Special. It was my first off duty/backup gun and I loved it. I had a mentor on the job who retired and really liked it, and I was not carrying it anymore, so I sold it to him @ my cost w/ the stipulation it would be offered back to me if he ever sold it. He sold it to a woman-friend and neglected to offer it to me.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I've only sold one handgun. I rarely sell any guns, I buy to keep. But at the time I really needed new tires for my car. And dad thought I had too many guns ( I still lived with him) and said if I don't sell some of my guns, I had to sell grandpa's guns. That was an easy choice. My scoped savage 64fs 22 semi auto, my first yugo sks, and a millenium pt140 two tone 40cal all sold. But in reality, I don't miss that millenium, I could hardly hit the broadside of a barn with it, lol. I like the 6 I have now much better, lol.

TGUNTER

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Plainfield
    I am with the other guy, in the Military needed money too many to list. Now I am a little older starting to build back up. Think I will get another one this week.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    I've only sold one gun. It was my very first handgun and I bought it from a New York State Trooper.... a Colt Cobra (circa 1974)

This brings back tearful memories. I can't talk about it now. My eyes are all watery and I have the urge to punch myself. :crying:

Split

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    Evansville
    My Gen 1 Glock 21 with Surefire light.

Had just got it back from Glock with a new barrel and slide as well. Not because it was bad, but it was old enough the Tenifer was gone on most of the slide.

Sold it to fund a new Gen 3 19, never ended up buying it. Ended up leaving the job I had that basically required me to carry (Pizza boy) and moving to a desk jockey position. Just now decided to start buying again.

To a lesser extent I regret letting go of my Russian Makarov PM. I've fired others but they just don't seem the same. Probably because of the late night memories of cleaning cosmoline off of the damn thing for days.

Chip

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    NE Indiana
    My H&K P7M8 Jubilee! I bought it for $1390 new and turned around and sold it for over $2000 during the "no longer made" craze. I am not a collector so I should have just kept and shot it like it was made to be.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Urimun
    Top Bottom