• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    I got a fairly cheep 5 LED light at dicks a few years ago and i have been super happy with it. It takes 3 AAA batteries which i love because you can find them anywhere. Come to think of it, i've had it for 4 or so years and i'm still on the original batteries! It's in my truck at all times.

On my key chain is a Buck Knives Whittaker aka Metro w/ LED. I don't carry a folding knife or flash light on me at all times(or ever?) so having this on my keys has been great. Now i always have a light and a little knife. The batteries are fading, but it's worked great for about 2 years. It is a little big, which is ok when cutting, but i think it could be smaller and just as handy. It makes my keys smash into my dash when i hit bumps driving.

Anybody else have a key-chain light/knife combo they'd recommend?

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Got a Coast variable beam 100 lumen light I used at work to check the oil and inspect the truck in the mornings that I love. At home I have a P14 Coast LED Lenser 210 lumen that we use to check for critters in the yard at night before letting the pups out for business. It's also my goto blind you in the night checking the odd noise in the house flashlight. Love it's variable beam and I plan on using rechargeable AA batteries in it when the installed ones die out. Had it almost 3 months and tons of use on it and still going strong with the cheap supplied AA's.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm about to have a new favorite. I have on en route to me an Olight M21 Warrior with the new Luminus emitter ... 500 (yes, five-zero-zero) lumens for 1.2 hours on two (2) CR123A batteries on its highest setting.

Right now, my Fenix TK11 remains my favorite.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    This kind of flashlight one-upmanship must stop! :rolleyes:

:lmfao:

Never!

Well, here's the thing. Think about my track record with new flashlights and blinding myself (sometimes at dinner with other INGO people).

With the M21's 500 lumens, I'm probably going to boil and vaporize the vitreous humor inside of my eyeballs. They will explode, and then I'll be on the TV news. Rafael Sanchez will investigate afterward.

salemons

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NorthWest Indiana
    I have the Tomahawk GP from FirstLight. Its a handheld or finger mount light. Has 3 intensity setting but goes up to 120 lumens. Works good as a tactical light. I use it for IDPA low and no light shooting. Gets used a lot around the house too and you don't need to point a gun at what you wants to see unless you want to.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Never!

Well, here's the thing. Think about my track record with new flashlights and blinding myself (sometimes at dinner with other INGO people).

With the M21's 500 lumens, I'm probably going to boil and vaporize the vitreous humor inside of my eyeballs. They will explode, and then I'll be on the TV news. Rafael Sanchez will investigate afterward.

been there.... done that... retinas still burning...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm about to have a new favorite. I have on en route to me an Olight M21 Warrior with the new Luminus emitter ... 500 (yes, five-zero-zero) lumens for 1.2 hours on two (2) CR123A batteries on its highest setting.

Right now, my Fenix TK11 remains my favorite.

I have a bad tendency to "do what rhino does." My modded TK11 is my choice so far, but I really like the throw of a lot of lumen. I'm anxious to see the M21.

Top Bottom