• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbowhunter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Avon
    What i have is a mixed bag of gun cleaning supplies. I was asked to get a family member a good gun cleaning kit for all calibers. What do you recommend

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    I find that my urine works great after a long afternoon shooting 7N6. Saves space in the range bag. Bonus for warming hands on these cooler days.

If that's not your cup of pee tea, the Otis Elite series is nice. I also always have a spare can of Ballistol handy.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I don't think there is a great all around kit out there. You will probably find out like most of us. You buy caliber specific kits they work much better.

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    Heres a few suggestions:
    1. Buy a one piece rod for your rifles, dont buy the kits that have rods that screw together. I buy Dewey rods and they are fantastic.
    2. If you are shooting a precision rifle, just a jig and some patches. Wet the first patch, then follow up with about 3-6 patches. Once the patches are getting moderately clean, stop.
    3. One of those rods with a jig set and brass brushes set (carbines and handguns) you should be covered pretty good.
    4. Clean everything the day you shoot it. If you wait a few weeks to clean it will double your cleaning time.

Cheers!

igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In
    I like Pro-Shot. I have their 1 piece rifle and shotgun rods. I also have multiple pistol rods for .22lr and bigger. They are very well made and made in the USA. i built my kit with gift cards from Amazon I received for Christmas/birthday over a few years.

Top Bottom