• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • antdog/zook

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    i have a colt ar-15 sporter, like new condition! maybe 50 rounds through it? it is h-bar and 20" original stock/flash supressor is all.

just wondering what this gun may be worth with the way things are going "crazy" right now. thanks in advance for any info you might bring.

also, i have only been on this site for about a month now and really like how people have asked questions i have had. really cool site!

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    What it's worth and what you may be able to get out of it during this "crazy" time are vastly different. I don't know what it's worth but... you did ask for comments.

I can always squeeze out a comment.:):

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    You are asking a tough question especially with the current AR buying frenzy at full speed. If you want to know the MAXIMUM you can squeeze out of it, you might do a bit of lurking yourself over on gunbroker.com to see what the Colt AR Sporters are bringing.

"I" think AR's are worth exactly what someone is willing to pay. I'm certainly not encouraging any gouging, there is plenty of that happening as we speak, but in a free market, it's worth is what someone is willing to pay.

I suspect nobody wants to offer their opinion on "your" firearm as there are far too many factors that can play into actual value.

:twocents:

BIG TIM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fountaintown
    I was in Wanamaker guns today and they had five AR 15's on consignment available. Each had a little different equipment and none were Colt. Nothing was under $1000 and the average was about $1200. That probably explains why they were still available. MY guess is if your gun is in average shape, it will pull $1200-$1500 now. If the supply loosens up after Jan 1, that could drop by 20%.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Do you know if it is pre or post ban? Pre ban's are going for 1600+, insane.Post is right now going on gb between 1100 and 1500 just like big tim said...

arfcom has a great database for colt # info.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    i have a colt ar-15 sporter, like new condition! maybe 50 rounds through it? it is h-bar and 20" original stock/flash supressor is all.

just wondering what this gun may be worth with the way things are going "crazy" right now. thanks in advance for any info you might bring.

also, i have only been on this site for about a month now and really like how people have asked questions i have had. really cool site!

Well I have a pre-ban Colt Sporter Target model that was my fathers before he died that's been appraised 2 times, in 2001 when my father died it was 1000.00, 7 months ago for insurance it was tagged at 1200.00.
    Gunbroker has 2 of my model and one is at 1000.00 with the reserve no met and the other is buy it now for 1895.00.

Top Bottom