• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Uh OH! Bisley Hunter Super Blackhawk at Gander in Greenwood. Overpriced there, of course, but wow is that a SWEET revolver. It's *perfect* for what I'd want in a revolver!

Gimme that gun and a messful of reloading supplies and I'll be happy for a long time.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    1370209843_zpsc85ad7c6.jpg

My brother bought a Blackhawk in .357mag. For me I like my Blackhawks to be Supers. 44mag only for me. The 7.5" barrel was my first handgun. Bought it new for just over $200 in 1986 or 87. Shot 4 or 5 deer with it. The 5.5" barrel I had in time to take it elk hunting in Colorado in 1999. Shot the elk with .50 cal muzzleloader. But it sure was nice having a 44mag on my hip after seeing bear sign. It did take a grouse though. After seeing the puff of feathers, I thought I ruined it. When I picked it up...perfect shot. The head was barely attached, all the meat was good. lol. Great guns. 44 specials reloaded are great for plinking.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    1370209843_zpsc85ad7c6.jpg

My brother bought a Blackhawk in .357mag. For me I like my Blackhawks to be Supers. 44mag only for me. The 7.5" barrel was my first handgun. Bought it new for just over $200 in 1986 or 87. Shot 4 or 5 deer with it. The 5.5" barrel I had in time to take it elk hunting in Colorado in 1999. Shot the elk with .50 cal muzzleloader. But it sure was nice having a 44mag on my hip after seeing bear sign. It did take a grouse though. After seeing the puff of feathers, I thought I ruined it. When I picked it up...perfect shot. The head was barely attached, all the meat was good. lol. Great guns. 44 specials reloaded are great for plinking.

I have the 44mag in a Super Redhawk with a 9 1/2 inch barrel. I love it! I know the Blackhawk is just as sweet!

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Having grown up shooting a variety of Ruger SA's............I'm at a point like another posted, the only Ruger SA I'm interested is a SUPER Blackhawk.

And one with 3 screws. I've had one Old Model .44 and a couple New Models.

If wanting a strong .357 for hunting and target shooting, I'd get a Smith 686.

Blackhawks do nothing for me, and I hunted with an Old Model .357 for quite a few years.
    Solid, shot great................but I'd rather have the Dragoon trigger guard and a 7.5" .44 mag SuperBlackhawk (do know that one can put Dragoon grip frames on New Model Blackhawks..........but not interested).

Just for kicks...........anybody know the locktime of a Ruger Blackhawk vs a Smith L frame? I don't, am just wondering.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Having grown up shooting a variety of Ruger SA's............I'm at a point like another posted, the only Ruger SA I'm interested is a SUPER Blackhawk.

And one with 3 screws. I've had one Old Model .44 and a couple New Models.

If wanting a strong .357 for hunting and target shooting, I'd get a Smith 686.

Blackhawks do nothing for me, and I hunted with an Old Model .357 for quite a few years.
    Solid, shot great................but I'd rather have the Dragoon trigger guard and a 7.5" .44 mag SuperBlackhawk (do know that one can put Dragoon grip frames on New Model Blackhawks..........but not interested).

Just for kicks...........anybody know the locktime of a Ruger Blackhawk vs a Smith L frame? I don't, am just wondering.
    Smith 686 would be great, my favorite .357 is my GP100 for the last 25 years.:D
    0603130022_zps5719833d.jpg

twcrensh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    charlestown
    i've recently bought a vaquero in .357 5.5" stainless and i absolutely cannot put it down. also if handloading with lead ammo it is cheap to shoot also.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Here's my new model Blackhawk in .30 carbine.

It's a nice gun and has that old west feel to it.

Last edited:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Way back in the day I had a 7.5" super blackhawk 44mag. It was a good shooter when I did my part. I ended up selling it, but ever since I bought my puma 92 44mag I've been looking for a ruger super blackhawk that's stainless steel with the 5.5" barrel. Here lately though those are selling in the $550 on up range which seems pretty outragious. I remember when you could get on gunbroker and take your pick of all the used ruger 44mags for $400 or less.

shotbyspike

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Sellersburg
    Way back in the day I had a 7.5" super blackhawk 44mag. It was a good shooter when I did my part. I ended up selling it, but ever since I bought my puma 92 44mag I've been looking for a ruger super blackhawk that's stainless steel with the 5.5" barrel. Here lately though those are selling in the $550 on up range which seems pretty outragious. I remember when you could get on gunbroker and take your pick of all the used ruger 44mags for $400 or less.

Yeah I've been looking around for one, surprised but what stores want for them. I expect the highway robbery for the 'tactical' stuff but a Blackhawk?

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Got a 357 Blackhawk (3 screw) several years ago at an auction. The gun is no safe queen and has been used hard by the previous owner. But the gun still is a strong piece that is a joy to shoot.

Top Bottom