• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.

That's the one I have and recommend. I've also had a Bohica, but as they are now out of business I can't recommend them.

Dave at Ferret will take care of you, he built my LH upper last year over the holidays and had it to me in 3 weeks from time of order to in my hands, and that was over xmas and New Years.

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    I think it would be neat to have one of these uppers shortened to 16" and use one of the single shot "California" lowers.

Ligamec, used to offer a 16" upper, but not any more.

I know it would be the fireball from He**, but it would be lightweight, kick like a mule and just be cool!

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    would love to have a ferret but a little more then i can spend . any more good ones out there ?

Unless you are just going to pull it out once a year and shoot it, you don't get into .50bmg to run cheap. Commercial new production ammo will be $4-6 a round and a basic reloading setup (Lee) will run you $200. Once that is paid for, the cheapest you can load basic plinking rounds for is about $1-1.50 a round. I pay about $2 just for AMAX bullets for my precision loads. And then you need to hang optics on it, and the bare minimum is about $400 for a SuperSniper and rings. Anything else simply will not last on a .50bmg.

For a complete rifle, an LAR Grizzly Big Boar can be found used for $1700-1800. Even an AR50 can be found for $2500 used if you shop around. You don't tend to find too many Ferret50s used because people hang on to them.

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    Gotta have big moneys to shoot the big 50. I've had to talk myself out of buying an upper because I realized it'd cost way too much to put a decent optic on it and then buy ammo for it. As cool as they are I'm just not financially able to invest in a .50BMG gun. :(

Top Bottom