What Have you done to Prepare This Week?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • karlsgunbunker

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    What are we preparing for?
    Tornado?
    Race riots?
    Nuclear explosion (a la Jericho)?
    Alien invasion?
    Zombies?
    Tornado
    Earthquake
    Terrorist attack - Bio/Chemical - don't forget your gas masks
    Financial Collapse
    Canadian Hordes fleeing the Glaciers
    UN Occupation - Blue hats make great targets!
    Revolution

You decide what to Prepare for and list what you Bought/Aquired/Appropriated etc.

Here's some of what I've added since the Tax Man Dumped on us.

320 rds of .303 brit
    100 - bottles of MRE tobasco (Little bottles)
    500 - packets of Citrus Crystals (lemon, lime, orange for vitamin C)
    150 - anti bacterial towellets
    8 - cases of MRE complete meals
    1 - PAR-1 Pump Action Rifle in 7.62x39 (this one doesn't even **** off the kalifornia liberals)
    1 - 1897 Pump Action shotgun 12ga
    1 - Ultra 87 Pump Action shotgun 12ga
    25# - Ezekial Mix (Grain & Beans)
    25# - ABC Soup Mix
    25# - Navy Beans
    10# - Rice
    2 - #10 can beef TVP
    2 - #10 cans soup mix
    2 - Sleeping bags for me and the wife
    2 - Sleeping pads cause I'm old and sleeping on the ground is for young people.
    100 - MRE packets of Peanut Butter
    100 - MRE packets of Jelly
    6 - Wool Blankets
    12 - Mylar emergency Blankets
    5 - Wire Saws

I've added quite a bit more but that's what I can recall off the top of my head.
    As you can tell, My current emphasis is on food and some camping gear.
    I am heavy on guns and ammo and lite on beans, and I'm trying to fix that.

So what have you added this week?

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    Purchased 4 ammo cans from Gander Mt.
    Ordered and received 5 20 rnd mags and 12 30 rnd mags for the AR.

Tim-g19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Charlestown
    Ive just been buying 1 or 2 more can goods than needed. its amazing how fast you can amass some food like that, I dig to the back cause most groceries rotate stock. other than ammo and water/purification, Not much.

Ive been looking for a underground petroleum tank, but I can only find thousands of gallons ones. and I dont have a place to hide or protect an above ground gas storage tank.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    Sited in the AR with some help from Don.
    Had the girlfriend at the range so she could get some hands on time with the Glock.
    Added desiccant to my ammo boxes.

pierce195

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    New Castle
    Never put much thought into this topic. But after reading some threads on here, I'm going to start making a list over the next couple of day of supplies and food to stock up on.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Never put much thought into this topic. But after reading some threads on here, I'm going to start making a list over the next couple of day of supplies and food to stock up on.

Good show, sir. In my opinion, the most important benefit of such discussions is inspiring people to reconsider their own needs and preparations. The more people who are prepared for emergencies themselves, the better off we'll be as a group if there is some kind of problem.

In the old days, people just prepared for emergencies as a normal part of life. Our lives are so easy today that too many people never consider what would happen if their water supply or electric power were interrupted for more than a day or two.

Better to be ready for problems and not need your preparations than to be in dire need and find you lack the knowledge, skills, mindset, and supplies necessary to prevail under adverse conditions.

nofear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Indy
    In the old days, people just prepared for emergencies as a normal part of life. Our lives are so easy today that too many people never consider what would happen if their water supply or electric power were interrupted for more than a day or two.

So how do you prepare for long time outages of electricity? I'm really starting to try and prepare. I've been thinking of a NG generator, but if it's an earthquake or something that takes out NG them I would be screwed. After reading on glock forum some of the things folks do. It really got me and the wife thinking. What would cause us folks here in Indiana to relocate to a safe location, whether to the North or South? How do you bear in mind kids? Besides just more food and water, how do you travel with them etc..?

Any good recommended books?

Thanks for any info

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    So how do you prepare for long time outages of electricity? I'm really starting to try and prepare. I've been thinking of a NG generator

The generators I've seen advertised for this are LP. I'm thinking this is for the reasons you mentioned? One thing I havn't been able to find any info on is how efficient these units are. How long will a 500 gal LP tank run one?

Top Bottom