• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    If you are OK with that senile ****tard artificially driving uo prices, you are entitled to your misguided opinion. I have no problem with believing that Biden owes the country an absence
    The post I responded to is hyperbole. I've heard it for years hasn't happened. Yet the people who make such statements believe them. Why? because they never put a timeframe on them so they can be wrong.

Sure maybe in 20 years a single White Castle will cost $10 or a Big Mac will cost $20. Then IndyBeerman can be proud that his prediction came true.

I have been hearing statements like that since minimum wage was $3.35 and they ain't come true yet. Why not start with admitting I am right before you start another tangent?

Instead, you act like I am trying to starve people to death, another hyperbole.

I worked with and around trucks, trailers, and drivers, for 7 years, not mentioning close relatives that drove for a living. I KNOW long haul drivers can transport food for personal consumption. I KNOW they can dolly down a trailer and resupply. In fact, I HAVE dollied down trailers and ate lunch.

That was a silly accusation.

Now because of your hysterics, Chewie thinks I don't think the cost of labor impacts the price of goods. LOL.

I will respond to hyperbole with hyperbole.

Finally, you graduate to me being ok it all being Biden's fault, qualified with an IF. It's no wonder, I have difficulty believing self proclaimed conservative news websites.

if its Biden's fault that means IndyBeerman statement should be true at the end of his term.

How about this
    If you believe IndyBeerman, I will give both of you the cash equivalent of 5 Big Macs if they cost $20. If not, I'll take McD's gift certificates in an amount equal to the cost of 5 Big Macs.

If not then tell him he's wrong and then we can discuss what impacts Biden's policies may have in REAL terms because if those ARE your real terms, then tell me when, within a couple of years, I will see a $20 Big Mac?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    A true statement.

But, is it temporary due to supply chain issues or is it long term? Will they remain at these levels? I don't think so.
    Is the impact to the consumer felt more at the dining out level or the dining in level?

Prices are designed to go up slightly on most goods over time.

Now are there times when its nice to celebrate something by eating out? Yes
    Are there times when its convenient? Yes.
    Are there times when its a necessity? Yes, but I would argue very few.

As to eating at home.
    Does it require more planning? Yes
    Does it require discipline? Yes
    Does it require learning new skills? Yes
    Does it require fiscal responsibility threw minimizing waste? Yes
    Is it cheaper? Yes
    Does a common family table build unity? Yes
    Does it foster conversation among a family? Yes

To me those are all conservative values that I would uphold.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If I was in a place where there were no grocery stores I could make it last all week.

I do it for 2 camping.

Nobody owes me a meal at a certain price.

Besides all this 10$ white castle and 20$ big Mac talk is silly.

Hear it every time there's a minimum wage conversation sine the minimum wage was 3.35$

Hasn't happened yet, but if it does....time to be a cooler King
    This is one of the strangest justifications I think I’ve ever seen on INGO. It rivals 1/6.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

Biden making sure your freedom of speech and privacy is protected? Except from communist China.
    A move.

Leave the order in place, do your investigation and expand those orders or publicly justify why you are lifting them other than because they came from Trump.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    This is one of the strangest justifications I think I’ve ever seen on INGO. It rivals 1/6.
    In order to be a justification, doesn't there have to be an attempt to justify something?

This post is the strangest attempt I've ever seen on INGO to make a justification out of an observation.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The post I responded to is hyperbole. I've heard it for years hasn't happened. Yet the people who make such statements believe them. Why? because they never put a timeframe on them so they can be wrong.

Sure maybe in 20 years a single White Castle will cost $10 or a Big Mac will cost $20. Then IndyBeerman can be proud that his prediction came true.

I have been hearing statements like that since minimum wage was $3.35 and they ain't come true yet. Why not start with admitting I am right before you start another tangent?

I worked with and around trucks, trailers, and drivers, for 7 years, not mentioning close relatives that drove for a living. I KNOW long haul drivers can transport food for personal consumption. I KNOW they can dolly down a trailer and resupply. In fact, I HAVE dollied down trailers and ate lunch.

Now because of your hysterics, Chewie thinks I don't think the cost of labor impacts the price of goods. LOL.

Finally, you graduate to me being ok it all being Biden's fault, qualified with an IF. It's no wonder, I have difficulty believing self proclaimed conservative news websites.

if its Biden's fault that means IndyBeerman statement should be true at the end of his term.

How about this
    If you believe IndyBeerman, I will give both of you the cash equivalent of 5 Big Macs if they cost $20. If not, I'll take McD's gift certificates in an amount equal to the cost of 5 Big Macs.

If not then tell him he's wrong and then we can discuss what impacts Biden's policies may have in REAL terms because if those ARE your real terms, then tell me when, within a couple of years, I will see a $20 Big Mac?
    Are you going to give me back the time it takes for your logistical gymnastics? Maybe an assistant? For an old, beat up heart patient the extra work is long, difficult, and in some cases dangerous.

Inflation is going to happen but that doesn't mean I should cheerfully accept that **** for brains puppet accelerating it.

The bottom line is that inflation will quickly compensate for any change in minimum wage.

Minimum wage was never meant to establish a pay scale suitable to do anything but preventing the financial abuse of children at part time jobs.

For the record, I have become well enough acquainted with the family that owns several local McD's well enough to talk shop on occasion. Their conclusion when this $15/hr nonsense started was that if it happened thd price of a Big Mac would be $10 or a shade over. That would put their more expensive sandwiches proportionately more expensive.

I suppose the question is whether or not you ard willing to demote more people to a minimum wage standard of living in a quixotic gesture toward something that is NOT going to happen, specifically squeezing wages to raise a family out of a minimum wage job.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville

How about this

How about this

With your responses to posts, many times it's hard to tell what you know. What you believe, yes. What you know, no.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    In order to be a justification, doesn't there have to be an attempt to justify something?

This post is the strangest attempt I've ever seen on INGO to make a justification out of an observation.
    C’mon man. There’s a reason you made the observation. You’re saying something beyond nust the observation.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    With your responses to posts, many times it's hard to tell what you know. What you believe, yes. What you know, no.
    It's obvious he fails to admit even the most basic economic principle that higher wages results in higher prices that increases as it falls down the slippery slope to the consumer on EVERY product.

Heck he's even said that rising fuel prices will not effect him. Heck if he can't admit that rising fuel costs are not going to affect him in any way, shape or form, do we honestly think he'd admit that a "Living" minimum wage is not going to effect him.

Some people are incapable of seeing what's really going on in the forest, not because of the tree on fire in front of him, but because they're trying to see the tree on the edge of the forest with the green leaves and chirping bird in it that they can't see because of the 1000 other trees in the forest between him and it.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    C’mon man. There’s a reason you made the observation. You’re saying something beyond nust the observation.
    Ok. Tell me when the mythical 20$ Big Mac will make it appearance and justify the statement. That's what I want to know.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Yeah. When I post here I am surrounded by Ex Enron folks.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Ok. Tell me when the mythical 20$ Big Mac will make it appearance and justify the statement. That's what I want to know.
    Not $20 (yet), but the last time I went to Mickey D's, I noticed some of their burgers (double quarter pounder with cheese for example) were approaching what used to be sit-down restaurant prices. I think the sandwich only option (not a combo meal) was close to $7.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    It's obvious he fails to admit even the most basic economic principle that higher wages results in higher prices that increases as it falls down the slippery slope to the consumer on EVERY product.

Heck he's even said that rising fuel prices will not effect him. Heck if he can't admit that rising fuel costs are not going to affect him in any way, shape or form, do we honestly think he'd admit that a "Living" minimum wage is not going to effect him.

Some people are incapable of seeing what's really going on in the forest, not because of the tree on fire in front of him, but because they're trying to see the tree on the edge of the forest with the green leaves and chirping bird in it that they can't see because of the 1000 other trees in the forest between him and it.
    Strawperson.

I am asking you point blank when the $20 Big Mac will arrive?

I remember a similar conversation about rising fuel costs.

Would you stake your reputation on the fact that I said it wouldn't affect me?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Not $20 (yet), but the last time I went to Mickey D's, I noticed some of their burgers (double quarter pounder with cheese for example) were approaching what used to be sit-down restaurant prices. I think the sandwich only option (not a combo meal) was close to $7.
    The point is, there should be a reasonable expectation that prices go up.

I don't see many people complaining that their annual (hopefully) raises are driving up prices.

Anyone ever made that argument?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The point is, there should be a reasonable expectation that prices go up.

I don't see many people complaining that their annual (hopefully) raises are driving up prices.

Anyone ever made that argument?
    With the approximately 1.5% per year increase I get (when we get one - as a gubmint employee)? No, I'm not making that argument.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Strawperson.

I am asking you point blank when the $20 Big Mac will arrive?

I remember a similar conversation about rising fuel costs.

Would you stake your reputation on the fact that I said it wouldn't affect me?
    We understand economic principles. That does NOT make us fortune tellers. We know significant inflation is coming without it being subject to question even if we can't make an appointment for you for the moment the manager updates the menu board.

Top Bottom