What do you consider to be a greater threat to America? Terror, or Loss of Liberty?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What do you consider to be a greater threat to America?

• Total voters

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I have wondered this. There is a major divide between us here on INGO and throughout the nation. Many discussions really hinge on being able to answer this, in terms of all of our liberty versus security arguments.

So here goes. What do you see as a greater threat to America?

Terror?
    Being blown up? Your aircraft being hijacked? Anthrax outbreak? Dirty bomb? Being beheaded? Spies leaking American intel? Bin Laden? A mass shooting? Being taken hostage? An underwear bomber? Another 9/11 style attack? Cyber-terrorism? An EMP? Any other illegal act of domestic terrorism?

-OR-

Loss of Liberty?
    Gun control & confiscation? Police checkpoints in the streets? Radiated by mobile TSA vans? Being monitored and wiretapped by the FBI? Being force-vaccinated? Taxes greater than 50 percent? Having the internet censored? Your job being regulated out of existence? Rigged elections? Curfew in America? Conscription? FEMA camps? Turning America into a Police State? Martial Law? An American Gestapo? Property confiscation? Something else?

Please share your choice and discuss.

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    My answer of course is - unquestionably - the loss of our liberty. The 2nd Amendment is the best Homeland Security.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Loss of liberty, without a doubt.

The terrorists' true goal is not to kill all Americans. That would be an impossible task. So instead, they wish to destroy our nation. They've figured out that WE will destroy our own nation if they just push the right buttons. And every time we curtail our own rights in order to feel "safe from terrorists" we hand them a victory.

Most people are simply too stupid to see that.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Unquestionably the loss of liberty. We live with that every day. What are the chances of being a victim of a terrorist act?

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    Since the terror is being created by the same folks orchestrating the loss of liberty (NWO), the poll represents two sides of the same coin.

----------------------------------------

More people die golfing than skydiving.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Don't know what you've said because you're on my ignore list but I thought this was a good question so I thought I'd participate in the poll.

Terror is the weapon of the day used as a frontal assault to our liberty. 70 years ago it was gangsters. 70 years from now it will be space aliens. The lengths to which people are willing to travel and the asphyxiation of liberty they are willing to endure to attain this mystical "safety". Equally, it saddens me to watch absolutists attempt to apply rigid principles where they simply don't exist or apply that I believe endanger our freedom.

Like it or not, realize it or not. safety, freedom, and liberty must live in stasis with one another. Without one you can not have any of the others. Think about it.

I read many of the comments about the Constitution's purpose, grants and limits, alternating between amusement and horror. Amusement because of the misintepretation, misrepresentation, and misdirection in many posts. People claiming something is not Constitutional even though it is clearly written in the Constitution. Trying to apply laws based upon a romanticized and improper historical accounts of our Founders. Horror because absolutists are willing to use these misses to create law and doctrine that simply does not, and never has, existed. The thought that the people of the US are to sit around while a cyber-terrorist plots his next attack offends me and offends the honorable service of anyone who has ever put a uniform on to defend this great nation. Worst of all, it is offensive to the memory of those who gave up their personal liberty through the greatest sacrifice so that people can so easily dismiss that sacrifice. At the same time, I celebrate the people, wrong-minded as I believe they are, have the freedom to think and say what they can. Make no mistake. I am equally emtitled to criticize. In the end this is our forefather's legacy and present to us.

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    To the OP:
    The threat of terror is the Government's excuse to steal our liberty.
    Terrorist attacks are a real threat, but much that has been done by this country's elected officials has infringed too much on out personal freedom and privacy.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The laws need to be changed to allow American operatives a free hand in asassination of terrorists and the foreign leaders who support them. Fix the problem overseas and things will take care of themselves here.

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    Loss of liberty, without a doubt.

The terrorists' true goal is not to kill all Americans. That would be an impossible task. So instead, they wish to destroy our nation. They've figured out that WE will destroy our own nation if they just push the right buttons. And every time we curtail our own rights in order to feel "safe from terrorists" we hand them a victory.

Most people are simply too stupid to see that.

terrorists,,,dont care about our country...they just want us out of theirs...

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    they can't pick fights with people and then expect to be left alone.

i think youll find,,,that someone picked on them first,,,or the picking goes back between all of them--thousands of years...

anyway,,,their fight amongst themselves isnt any of our affair... let them sort it out...

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    i think youll find,,,that someone picked on them first,,,or the picking goes back between all of them--thousands of years...

anyway,,,their fight amongst themselves isnt any of our affair... let them sort it out...

As far as I'm concerned it became too late for that and became our affair when they murdered several thousand of my countrymen, followed by the joyous celebrations and tens of thousands of them dancing in the streets. I want every last one of them dead.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom