• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyMedic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Indianapolis
    +1 for accepting your responsibility and not taking the easy way out. That is a big problem with our country. Hopefully someday that will change but I highly doubt it will.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    In the meantime, try this for the chapped butt:

105qujb.gif

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Plinker

There is nothing worse than living up to a responsibility and to be punished for it. I will try to help in any way I can. If you want to pm me your contact info I would be happy to talk to you (without bending you over sideways). Or we can talk through the pm if you feel mpre comfortable that way.

Ed

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    The part that smokes my butt is that everything is reflected by the credit score. A library fine will drop a person to "b" score. So if your a person that don't use credit then and pay your bills by buying instead of borrowing. Then your credit sucks and you might not get that job, because the employer has that option to use the score also.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Try being told you are perfect for a job, but your credit history disqualifies you from meeting the security requirements. However, if I were to file bankruptcy, they would hire me once it is final..

So, if my credit score is affected by some old medical bills that I was trying to pay off, I would be a security risk, but if I shirk my bills and file bankruptcy, suddenly I am AOK?

:dunno:

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Good for you bud! You will be better off this way in the long run. Glad to hear you were able to do that yourself. The system is very flawed!

Long time no see btw, hope to see you at the range soon! :D

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Yeah, debt is the single worst purchase one can make....I'm in the same boat, but won't give up. No food stamps, welfare, section 8, handouts, etc.. for this guy. We are able to keep up and still enjoy ourselves a little bit from time to time. The one saving grace is having the house paid for...a mortgage would kill us right now. Once the youngest starts school, two more years, the wife can go back to work and we'll be able to start having things like working cars and vacations again, maybe even birthday and Christmas presents again....

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks for the kind words everyone, I really appreciate it. Looking at it from that perspective, I feel good knowing I did the right thing, no matter what the credit agencies may think of me. There really is nothing wrong with my old car, it runs great for being 13 years old. I was just looking to get a truck of some kind.

The good thing about having everything (but the house) paid off is now I can easily save the money to buy something nice... with cash. :rockwoot:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    As much as they want to penalize you for not buying into the slavery system, when you find your way out, it feels good, and it is :)

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    5 years ago my wife and I got ourselves in over our head with debt. We have worked very hard over the last five years and have gone without many of the same luxuries that even those on welfare even enjoy, like cable tv, eating out, etc...

Fast forward 5 years, and we have finally paid everything back that we borrowed. But because of our credit history, I do not qualify to get a loan for a car. And I'm fine (for the most part) with that... it's going to take time for my credit to recover. But I was told that if I had simply filed bankruptcy 5 years ago, I could buy what I want. That was not an option for my wife and I, we borrowed the money, we felt we had to pay it back. And we wonder what is wrong with this country... :(

Thanks for reading, had to vent. I feel better already.

This is one of the reasons I enjoy this forum. Its filled with a lot of the kind of people we need more of. :yesway::ingo:

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Ah...so that's why I can't get good jobs, because I haven't established my credit! Well actually, I have debt I need to take care of, but I hardly can pay my bills with my current job.

I feel worthless sometimes because the only jobs I can get is working for my grandfather or some cheap a** factory job.

radonc73

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Lowell
    I worked with a guy that filed Bankrupsy and a month later bought a Chrysler Sebring conv. on credit because he couldn't file for so long that he ended up a better risk than me what a load of crap. This was 12 years or so ago but pisses me off to this day.

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    We did the same thing as you guys about 10 years ago and it was tough. Your are right the system isn't awesome, but like superjoe76 said "No one cares about your credit score if you pay in cash!" . Good luck and hang in there. I still have to be careful not to get into debt now that I have a great credit score - tempted by the dark side am I.

Top Bottom