What brand and type of bullets do you use for USPSA?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Buckeye911

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2015
    NEW PALESTINE
    I have been using Berry's and X-Treme RN for my 9mm over the past year. I am getting a new gun in a 40 S&W. If i was to change the bullet brand and type now is the time. What type do you use? Would you consider the SNS coated and what type? I had a conversation with another competitor last week and I was interested in his decision to go with SNS coated.

Any thoughts and input would be great!

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    SNS, with their free delivery to matches in Indiana, it's a no brainer.
    And they are good bullets. Smoke less, very accurate.
    I use the 124g round nose in 9mm and the 180 gr flat point in .40.
    Both coated.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    I was using Xtreme, then tried SNS.

I'm going against the grain here, was not impressed with them accuracy wise. Went back to Xtreme in a hurry.

It's all I shoot now.

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    SNS are all I use. Good bullets, good guys, and they always support Indiana matches. Plus the 10k discount and free delivery to matches makes them hard to beat. That said, there are a lot of other good choices as well. Just depends on what you like.
    -Tim

Snizz1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    SNS are all I use. Good bullets, good guys, and they always support Indiana matches. Plus the 10k discount and free delivery to matches makes them hard to beat. That said, there are a lot of other good choices as well. Just depends on what you like.
    -Tim

That sums it up for me too. I'll add the coated bullets is a drastic reduction in smoke compared to traditional lead. They shoot at least as accurate as any plated bullet I've shot. In my opinion, they've obsoleted the need for plated bullets in uspsa style shooting (except open).

Last edited:

7920drew

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Lafayette, IN
    Over the last 30,000 rounds or so, about 2 years, I've shot black bullets, bayou, blue bullets, SNS, xtreme, and Montana gold. In either 9 minor or 45 major. The Montana golds were awesome to load in the press. For some reason just felt smooth. I really haven't noticed a difference in any of them other than that. I don't see a real difference in fmj to coated lead accuracy-wise, and my gun feeds them all just fine, so even tho they're "nicer" to me it's not worth the money. Last bullet purchase was a bulk buy of 125gr 9mm from SNS. As stated above they delivered to a match and prices were solid. I've also come home with a couple SNS certificates over the last year which tells me they definitely chip in and support the sport. I'll probably stick with them unless given some compelling reason to go with another maker, but most certainly I'll stay with coated lead.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I also have a SNS gift certificate to redeem. Would like to use it without having to pay additional shipping charges. Love to support the SNS folks, as they support us.

ArmyADub

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2015
    Greenwood
    I only shoot 40cal. I use 165gr bullets with Vihtavuori N340 powder. I only use coated bullets from Black Bullets International. Chandler makes high quality product. Shipping is included in the price you see on the website. Check out his website.

Black Bullets International

Same here, I use BBI.

Chandler supports the sport pretty big time. Coated bullet manufacturing tends to be very regional in sales, hence the popularity of SNS here.

I shoot 180gr over 4.275gr of Titegroup.

Top Bottom