• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I don't know that I'd agree. Perhaps at one time this made sense, but now, is anywhere truly safe, as in not needing some way to defend yourself? Churches used to be safe. Grocery stores used to be safe. Homes used to be (reasonably) safe, but now even homes in "good" neighborhoods are targets for home invasions. So unless you're planning on living in a cave in the Himalayas or something, the potential for having a reason to be armed is going to be there. :dunno:

It's not about being a safe place, it is about not letting the gun take you to places that you would not otherwise go as that will bring trouble. Be situationally aware and don't go down that dark alley because you have a gun... I will always have the gun. I don't go places that cause my spidey sense to go off, just because I have that gun.

In other words, don't go looking for trouble, but if it finds you be prepared.

DataGeek19

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    “This is my rifle
    This is my gun
    One is for killing
    The others for fun
    So until this war is over
    Or until your time is done
    This is your rifle and this one is your gun”

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It's not about being a safe place, it is about not letting the gun take you to places that you would not otherwise go as that will bring trouble. Be situationally aware and don't go down that dark alley because you have a gun... I will always have the gun. I don't go places that cause my spidey sense to go off, just because I have that gun.

In other words, don't go looking for trouble, but if it finds you be prepared.

Ah, okay. That I agree with. A gun isn't a magic talisman. :yesway:

rlfrye

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    The Tuck
    Carry what you shoot best, not what you like, or think is more comfy to carry, etc.

I had carried an M&P 9C, and did some trading for a full size M&P 2.0. I was more accurate with the 2.0 from the get go. After a few hundred rounds, and completing a class with it. It is now my primary carry gun.

Top Bottom