• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Bumping this oldie...

If you like Brad Thor of Vince Flynn books, check out Jack Carr. I finished his first book, Terminal List, and am halfway through his second, True Believer. Then my antique Kindle died.:xmad:

Mr Carr is a former SEAL and his attention to detail where firearms and other weapons are concerned will impress even the most discerning INGOer.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Bumping this oldie...

If you like Brad Thor of Vince Flynn books, check out Jack Carr. I finished his first book, Terminal List, and am halfway through his second, True Believer. Then my antique Kindle died.:xmad:

Mr Carr is a former SEAL and his attention to detail where firearms and other weapons are concerned will impress even the most discerning INGOer.
    I agree ghuns. I have read the first 3 and found them a very enjoyable read.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Putting a copy of Temple At The Center Of Time back on the bedside table.
    Google may be a pox upon mankind but I doubt the profane would ever have been informed without the capabilities provided by google earth. Some of the concepts presented are just breath taking.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I'm reading "On the Border with Crook" who was a contemporary with Custer...only didn't die horribly and get his command killed. He was actually successful.

The story though is written (1899) like a 700 page National Geographic travelog. His rabbit holes have rabbit holes...it's kind of like here we go through the old west and occaisionally there are Indians. If you want to know every tree, flower, cactus, and room decoration you're in for a treat; if you want to know more about Gen Crook and his campaigns out west you'll find little information here.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    To use "reading" in a loose sense...I just finished listening to "Life at the Bottom: The Worldview That Makes the Underclass."

Kirk frequently suggests it here and I have seen that other INGOers have read it. It is an interesting analysis of "underclass" (not necessarily "poor" in the sense of having nothing) regardless of race, in urban London in the late '90s and early 2000s.

Let me sum up:

- Liberal theory refuses to acknowledge that people are independent moral agents.
    - Liberal theory, which dominates policy, states that the underclass are victims of the bouegeois, not their own poor choices.
    - Liberal policy seeks to undermine the traditional social norms that led to a more polite society because they believe society is the causing the underclass, not the choices of that class' members.
    - The underclass has followed the liberal lead and rejected the social norms that actually led to success.
    - The underclass makes bad decisions, but believe that everything happens to them.
    - The underclass suffers from no internal controls and liberal theory results in fewer and fewer external controls.

For a book that was written 20 years ago, it has its finger on the pulse of the current leftist theory that led to the "woke" mess we now see. Perhaps, because "Critical Theory" began to dominate British society when it was still, primarily, an academic pursuit here.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom