What are the norms of open carry in indiana?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Really good info here. Thanks again. Also, kinda odd to me that state fair you cannot oc? Are you not allowed to cc carry either? or is it just oc? I guess its because of so many people in a small environment?

No type of carry is allowed at the State Fair:(
    You can carry on the fairgrounds at any other time just not during the fair

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Really good info here. Thanks again. Also, kinda odd to me that state fair you cannot oc? Are you not allowed to cc carry either? or is it just oc? I guess its because of so many people in a small environment?

It sounds as if clarification is needed.

Anywhere it's legal to OC, it's legal to CC. Anywhere it's legal to CC, it's legal to OC.

If it's not legal to OC, it's not legal to CC. If it's not legal to CC, it's not legal to OC.

IOW, the laws in the state of IN are not based AT ALL on how you carry (OC or CC) but just WHERE you are doing the carrying.

The places you can't LEGALLY carry are laid out in the IN Code & in federal law (please see the INGO FAQ for the info & links). If you can't find the info PM me, I'll be glad to help.

Other places (private property including businesses) are covered by the property's RULES, not IN law. Those are the places where you have discretion whether you want to OC or you want to CC to avoid being hassled. If they ask you to leave, you must immediately leave. This goes for any reason, not just because you are carrying a gun. Carrying a gun there against the RULES doesn't magically make it illegal & a gun offense no more than carrying a banana there against the RULES makes it illegal & a banana offense.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    You just never hear of the OCers being attacked with remotely the same proportional regularity that CCers are, since they do blend in with the unarmed.

Not all attention is unwanted. ;)
    ... but there are no studies, statistics, or unbiased substantiating evidence to support this claim. It's just what we like to say here.:rockwoot:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ... but there are no studies, statistics, or unbiased substantiating evidence to support this claim. It's just what we like to say here.:rockwoot:

You'll notice I changed the wording a bit since last time, merely providing an anecdotal observation based on a limited search rather than a claim based on or linked to exhaustive research.

But you have a point... I do like saying it here. :D

Top Bottom