what ammo do you shoot in your savage 17 hmr?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 66chevelle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    greenfield
    I just got a 93r17 last night and was wondering what ammo people are having the best luck with? 17 grain or 20 grain? Federal, CCI, or what type and why you like that ammo better the others. Thanks

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I've got the same gun in camo with the factory scope. I haven't fired it yet, but I've got 20 grain varmint ammo--I can't remember the manufacturer, but I've also got it in 17 grain. I also have CCI TNT and V-max. I bought a variety to see what it likes best. I'm going to take it prairie dog shooting this summer, as a back-up for my AR15 when the barrel gets hot.

I can't wait to try it out. Maybe this weekend at Eagle Creek.

Have you shot yours yet?

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    I use the Federal in my Single Six and Ruger Bolt. Very accurate in the rifle, and very loud in the revolver. It shoots 3/4 inch at 75, so i bought in bulk, and have never shot any other brand. It is definitly my Go-To gun for squirrels.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    It really didn't seem to make a lick of difference out of Cathy's Savage Model 93. No matter the ammo, she would consistently shoot 3/4" or better at 100 yards. So we just bought whichever was cheapest.

66chevelle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    greenfield
    I picked up a box of federal and a box of fmj cci today for it. I am going to try to take it to fall creek this friday and try it out. Thanks for everyones response.

Top Bottom