Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    I don't like how they are comparing Delta to 2020 variant. Delta supposedly has a much higher viral load compared to other strains. But I don't doubt that vaccinated are spreading, maybe even super spreaders, but this article doesn't paint a real clear picture.

CitizenX

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Tippecanoe
    Full Disclosure: I did not read the study.
    So 2 people standing in the same room breathing the same air with no masks and one is vaccinated... and the vaccinated person carries more virus in their nose?

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    I don't like how they are comparing Delta to 2020 variant. Delta supposedly has a much higher viral load compared to other strains. But I don't doubt that vaccinated are spreading, maybe even super spreaders, but this article doesn't paint a real clear picture.
    Real clear pictures are hen's teeth these days.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    From just reading the overview, it sounds like the vaccinated patients who DO have breakout infections are found to have high viral loads and prolonged symptoms. That doesn’t necessarily sound like all vaccinated people have higher levels of the virus. Without studying vaccinated people who haven’t tested positive, there’s no way to know. It seems to me to suggest that if the viral exposure is extremely high, the vaccine can’t fight it off right away and infection results. All recovered uneventfully, so that seems encouraging. Sample size was only double digits though, so take whichever interpretation you choose with a grain of salt.

Top Bottom