• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • terrance250

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Terre Haute, IN
    So much for me ever buying a Cooper now. Has this guy lost his mind?:rolleyes::n00b::xmad:

More executives sold on Obama - USATODAY.com

WASHINGTON — Dan Cooper, a proud member of the National Rifle Association, has backed Republicans for most of his life. He's the chief executive of Cooper Arms, a small Montana company that makes hunting rifles.
    Cooper said he voted for George W. Bush in 2000, having voted in past elections for every Republican presidential nominee back to Richard Nixon. In October 1992, he presented a specially made rifle to the first President. Bush during a Billings campaign event.

This year, Cooper has given $3,300 to the campaign of Democrat Barack Obama. That's on top of the $1,000 check he wrote to Obama's U.S. Senate campaign in 2004, after he was dazzled by Obama's speech at that year's Democratic National Convention.

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    His position is completely illogical. Since he has given money as early as 2004, it would appear that he is dazzled by incoherent speeches. Maybe some latent guilt over race?
    Also, IIRC, $3,300 is over the limit for individual donors.

DodgebyDave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I just can't understand what's so hard to figure out about obama.

1) he came from the Daly machine.
    2) he's a product of the ultra elitist ivy league system
    3) he voted present some 200 or so times as a chicago pole turtle

I thought after 3 strikes you did life at michigan city

quiggly

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Noblesville
    Its all mind control I tell ya.

obama%20spock%202.jpg

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    I just can't understand what's so hard to figure out about obama.

1) he came from the Daly machine.
    2) he's a product of the ultra elitist ivy league system
    3) he voted present some 200 or so times as a chicago pole turtle

I thought after 3 strikes you did life at michigan city

Agreed. This all makes no sense.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Those who are in the gun community and betray their compatriots deserve to be routed out, shunned, and boycotted. There are others who sell rifles who have not embraced our enemies.

To e-mail them: info@cooperfirearms.com

Last edited:

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    No Cooper rifle for me.

Ever since I've know of them I've lusted after a Cooper rifle. They are top-notch, American made firearms. I'll never spend a penny on one now after reading that Dan Cooper, of Cooper Firearms, is an Obama supporter! http://www.usatoday.com/news/politic...ez-money_N.htm

I sent Cooper an email, through their website, expressing my dismay. I suggest everybody do the same. I hope every gunshop in the country is trying to send their Cooper inventory back to the wholesaler. Otherwise, they may be stuck with them.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Time for another "Zumbo". Cooper Firearms backs Obama!

I can't believe how stupid people can be, or how brainwashed people become after listening to Obama speak.

More executives sold on Obama - USATODAY.com

With all due respect to this sites no politics rule, I think it is important that this be brought to light. Firearm manufacturers like this could put this site in jeopardy.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Good, but............

Update:

More on the front page here: Untitled Document

Does Dan Cooper still own the company? If so, my opinion stands! He donated to Obama's campaign, I don't want to do business with him. The fact that he donated to the RNC also, if it is a fact, doesn't excuse his donation to Obama. It only means he's trying to play both sides of the fence.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Ever since I've know of them I've lusted after a Cooper rifle. They are top-notch, American made firearms. I'll never spend a penny on one now after reading that Dan Cooper, of Cooper Firearms, is an Obama supporter! http://www.usatoday.com/news/politic...ez-money_N.htm

I sent Cooper an email, through their website, expressing my dismay. I suggest everybody do the same. I hope every gunshop in the country is trying to send their Cooper inventory back to the wholesaler. Otherwise, they may be stuck with them.

I plan on sending an e-mail as well. Never really wanted one of his rifles, but that's not the point. A firearms manufacturer that supports Obama is an extra special idiot.

Top Bottom