• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WhatTheHill

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Columbus, IN
    Also.....do not tighten them up like a head bolt. Just bump them up. If they come loose when you run the gun go a bit tighter but sneak up on them. Never use a locking agent either. Just saying.....not needed.
    Not saying you do but I have seen this. Buddy used thread locker on grip screws and 2 piece guide rod. :faint:
    I will definitly be more careful with them once i get this figured out. The worst part of this situation was telling my Dad... He thinks I'm an idiot :lmfao:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I've used Dremel to cut slots in screws, never damaged anything other than the screw.
    Don't see what the big deal is.
    But then I also don't take my guns apart every freakin' time I shoot them.

Note: Dremel work for rigs other than mine, have had to fix a lot of stuff others boogered up.

I'd try for some other bit on the jacked up screw before resorting to the Dremel. But the latter works well for those who aren't klutzes.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I have took a file to many cheap slotted screw drivers to make them fit across the cap screw head. It's tedious but there have been very few I could not get out one way or another. File the width down use a plastic or rubber mallet to bump the end of the screw driver.

I have also used steel wool or aluminum fiol to make the driver fit tighter. Where there is a will there's a way.

WhatTheHill

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Columbus, IN
    SOLUTION!!! :rockwoot: I Used a flat head screwdriver and a hammer to carefully tap the screwdriver deep into the screw to catch a bite. I applied pressure to the screwdriver and slowly turned it out!! Now, I'm just trying to decide what screws to order next. Flathead, or the square head screws?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    SOLUTION!!! :rockwoot: I Used a flat head screwdriver and a hammer to carefully tap the screwdriver deep into the screw to catch a bite. I applied pressure to the screwdriver and slowly turned it out!! Now, I'm just trying to decide what screws to order next. Flathead, or the square head screws?

Get a set of Stainless allen heads.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend

So my ideal kinda worked! :yesway:

What CM said, SS cap screws!

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Don't go with what works the best. Go with what is the coolest!

Top Bottom