• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    So I bought all these stocks and now I get to begin the process of sorting them. A couple have cracks and are probably just firewood, but I think there are a few gems in the pile. I know there is a Turk Mauser hand guard, a complete M44 stock, a Yugo SKS stock, and a bolt action shotgun stock. The rest will be fun to sit down and try to identify.

llamant

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    The one in the middle with the triggerguard I believe is for a bolt action shotgun, made for JCHiggins (Sears).

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Looks like a lot of fun to sort out. I have my Great Grandfathers Montgomery ward double barrel shotgun that I would like to get the rear stock replaced. My Grandfather loaned it out and the rear stock was damaged. he bought a blank and was going to work it down. He got tired of working it with his pocket knife so he had a smith fix it. It cost him $20 for the work and my Dad said Grandpa felt robbed.

Years later my Uncle took it to California where he lived and had different wood species inlaid in the stock. Looks like crap if you ask me. Since it is not the original I thought about getting it restored to factory looking.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Don't throw anything out or burn it as firewood. Cracked stocks can almost always be repaired by somebody willing to do the work.

Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    Looks like you need to buy some barreled receivers to fill some stocks... you know that's how that works right? ;).

There is one extremely nice bench rifle stock that I would love to figure out what kind of action goes in it. That stock would be worth building something off of. The rest... eh

chuckk1225

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Tekonsha
    If you have a "milspec" Enfield No. 4 Mk. 1. Stock, I'd gladly give you something for it.. I want to put a stock and such on this to turn it back to original..

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      450.7 KB · Views: 11

jinks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2013
    Central
    There is one extremely nice bench rifle stock that I would love to figure out what kind of action goes in it. That stock would be worth building something off of. The rest... eh

That stock appears to be for a H&R M12 .22 match rifle like the CMP sold a few years ago.

I see that stock may be the 44US stock as noted.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom