We Better Lock And Load! We Are In For The Toughest 2nd Amendment Fight Ever!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RAnderson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    const_dees.jpg

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    They can only take something away from you if you let them.

There is quite a bit of logic to this. If people spent more time calling their representatives or writing letter, you know, grassroots politics, than making crazy pictures, then there should be little for them to "control".

We need to set up the building blocks of political resistance NOW instead of spending time in front of Photoshop...:xmad:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    There is quite a bit of logic to this. If people spent more time calling their representatives or writing letter, you know, grassroots politics, than making crazy pictures, then there should be little for them to "control".

We need to set up the building blocks of political resistance NOW instead of spending time in front of Photoshop...:xmad:

I have to respectfully disagree with you. There's little we can do, other than pick an organization to send our money to, or to donate to campaigns outside our own districts. If you write anyone, write your Senator, but even that won't usually help.

The way Congress has set up the House districts, most seats are not even in contention, they will be Democrat or Republican overwhelmingly. My rep, for instance is pro-gun. Letters to him are moot. I'm relatively new to Indiana, so I don't know a liberal rep off the top of my head, but I'm sure that there's a district or two, probably up towards Chicago or maybe even downtown Indy where there's a very liberal Democrat rep. Writing to them won't help either, 'cause their voters are pro gun control. Donating to close elections or to elections in other states can have an effect, but frankly, even though I follow politics closely, I don't know enough to know who to send my money to around the country. With all their faults, that's what the NRA is supposed to do.

I don't mean to be doom and gloom, but writing letters just don't get it done anymore. Neither do photoshopped pictures, I agree.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I have to respectfully disagree with you. There's little we can do, other than pick an organization to send our money to, or to donate to campaigns outside our own districts. If you write anyone, write your Senator, but even that won't usually help.

The way Congress has set up the House districts, most seats are not even in contention, they will be Democrat or Republican overwhelmingly. My rep, for instance is pro-gun. Letters to him are moot. I'm relatively new to Indiana, so I don't know a liberal rep off the top of my head, but I'm sure that there's a district or two, probably up towards Chicago or maybe even downtown Indy where there's a very liberal Democrat rep. Writing to them won't help either, 'cause their voters are pro gun control. Donating to close elections or to elections in other states can have an effect, but frankly, even though I follow politics closely, I don't know enough to know who to send my money to around the country. With all their faults, that's what the NRA is supposed to do.

I don't mean to be doom and gloom, but writing letters just don't get it done anymore. Neither do photoshopped pictures, I agree.

I'm just glad someone else feels as I do. I was thinking maybe I'm alone in the fact that letter writing just doesn't work. AGAIN, not saying I'm not still writing... https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...56-letters_to_our_reps_about_the_nh_bill.html
    I'm just saying it's not doing much good. They just don't care. It's all about how much money you will send them.

I just got an idea. I say we lie to them, tell them we will sned 10K to their next campaign if they will support us and see what they do! :n00b:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    True, but the people you write to dont have to be congresscritters. Police chiefs, municipal figures, NRA figureheads are all people that can help out HUGE in our times. I have actually gotten handwritten letters back from some of these folks and to good repose.

Establishing political resistance can mean even writing to the local judges, Attorney Generals, heck, ANYONE. A letter to the Sanitation comptroller may even have an effect, you never know. But DO SOMETHING. Too many are sitting idly by, complaining or wretching over something that has not even happened yet and usually wont act until it is too late. Telling people to act instead of bitch hurts their ego, but sometimes stirrs them to action.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    True, but the people you write to dont have to be congresscritters. Police chiefs, municipal figures, NRA figureheads are all people that can help out HUGE in our times. I have actually gotten handwritten letters back from some of these folks and to good repose.

Establishing political resistance can mean even writing to the local judges, Attorney Generals, heck, ANYONE. A letter to the Sanitation comptroller may even have an effect, you never know. But DO SOMETHING. Too many are sitting idly by, complaining or wretching over something that has not even happened yet and usually wont act until it is too late. Telling people to act instead of bitch hurts their ego, but sometimes stirrs them to action.

Sometimes.

I just wish more thought like you and I and a few others. Ok, maybe not like me, but somewhat like me. If more people thought like me we would live in Smartassmerica. :p

I've wrote a lot of people on that list, along with the DOT for various issues. Very few times did it ever bare fruit. Especially when I was trying so hard to get into the Army no one would respond or look into my plight. I wrote Congressmen, Senators, AG's, FBI, media outlets, called, emailed, nothing. I got a couple "Sorry"s over the phone but that was about it.

After doing much of the same with the bailouts is when I realized writing people does no good. Oh I keep writing hoping SOMEONE will listen, but no one ever does. The only responses I get back are usually from Evan Bayh. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom