• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Hmm..my militia is in serious need of bacon. This is a warning that we may attack and fix your bacon right after we fix your bacon and right after our pancake breakfast/mission planning session...if we can get everyone up on time and no one has to mow the lawn or has a ballgame they can't miss. But by golly, then we're coming after your bacon for sure!!:D

I have armed guards who are paid in bacon and waffles, pancakes, or eggs. Depending on which day of the week it is.:D

:draw: :draw: :draw: :draw: :draw: :draw: :draw: :draw: :draw: :draw:

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    images

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    EXACTLY ^^^!!! Why is it that when these idiots show up their always friggin officers ???

Why don't we ever see an NCO asking for recruits ?

It's like Amway. You have to recruit your own minions if you want to achieve the rank of Grand Poobah.

And the guys up stream always get paid. Guess that make them politicians too.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I should probably keep my mouth shut, but...

I am a little shocked an appealed that the insults and bashing have been allowed to go on in this thread. You don't like the type of Militia this guy represents, great, discuss it with him. Debate it. Argue even. But insults, bashing, jokes at his expense? Really?

Maybe I am off base here, but I could swear I have seen Infractions handed out and/or threads closed for this sort of thing. Am I wrong?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I am a little shocked an appealed that the insults and bashing have been allowed to go on in this thread. You don't like the type of Militia this guy represents, great, discuss it with him. Debate it. Argue even. But insults, bashing, jokes at his expense? Really?

Maybe I am off base here, but I could swear I have seen Infractions handed out and/or threads closed for this sort of thing. Am I wrong?

I tend to agree. I really dislike militias, but Maddog came in, said his piece, (respectfully I might add), and was absolutely blindsided. Kinda not cool

Buuuutttt, I must say I'm very pleased that it doesnt look like INGO will ever be a haven for militias.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I think that it might be impolite to bash/insult a guy coming on to ring a bell about something that he's passionate about.

But it's too easy a target, especially if you've known people in similar groups.

I've spent many years in north west Michigan. Inevitably I've met some guys who claimed to be a part of a variety of 'clubs'. Just from a brief conversation, I've found how childish and pointless these groups can be.

I've yet to meet anyone that I'd respect OR fear, but I'm sure there are several out there that I haven't met that I would fear, not likely I'd find a one that I'd find respectable.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Roadie, I don't think that there were any personal insults toward the man, which is why the thread has gone on. People made a lot of jokes about it, but that's different than insults. Granted, I didn't read every post so maybe there were some, but I haven't seen anything personally insulting. I would have liked to see him defend his position rather that taking his ball and going home. He might have won some people over had he gone into more detail than just saying that they are a preparedness group. Just my opinion though.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis

Militias have a bad reputation, some of which is deserved because some of them have been border-line criminal in their outlook and activities. Folks here are rightly skeptical of a stranger attempting to recruit for one. Maddog had a total of 37 posts the first time I saw his OP and styling himself a "Colonel" is in itself just cause (in my opinion) to make fun of him.

A "Colonel" historically raised his own regiment of troops - anywhere from 500 to 5000 soldiers. If that was his intent, he should have waited until he got that many recruits before promoting himself (or allowing himself to be promoted).

His post sent all the wrong messages to me and, apparently, to others. That's not necessarily his fault, and he did stand up and humbly defend himself - which most don't do -but it didn't mitigate the fact that this was the wrong venue and he used the wrong message to attempt to recruit members to his group. I've been on other fora where his reception would have been far, far worse.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin

I am a little shocked an appalled that the insults and bashing have been allowed to go on in this thread. You don't like the type of Militia this guy represents, great, discuss it with him. Debate it. Argue even. But insults, bashing, jokes at his expense? Really?

FTFY

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    BennyHill.jpg
    [/IMG]
    A picture of our beloved General for Life!! Look and be dismayed!! Now hand over the bacon!

for $20 a pound you can buy all you want just have to find that finance guy. Then bring me a signed and notarized copy of a form B-A-C-O-N to schedule Delivery. The finance guy will give you the form provided you bring your own notary.:D

Bacon
    Acquisition
    Cash
    Out
    Note
    :):

BumpShadow

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Actually, if you read between the lines, it isn't insulting at all. In a round about kind of way, we're trying to help. The word militia has a bad reputation. You will never get around it this generation. Trying to ignore it isn't going to win you points. Not to mention the idea of some dude starting his own army for no real reason, is laughable in and of itself. People have too much serious stuff going on to join yet another serious group in our spare time. If you want to pay your recuits, then you can be serious. If not, it will never be more than a hobby. Hobbies need to be fun. If that hobby has a name, the name needs to be fun. One poster said to change the name from "watchmen of Indiana" militia to "Zombie Response Team". I think that would a great idea. That would be something I would a least think about.

As long as there is no one barking orders at me, It might be fun. A rigid command stucture simply won't work, but a more lack command might. Something like officer, sargent, lieutenant, supervisor would be the most you could manage. Maybe instead of worrying about uniforms, take that money and buy a van to cart the troops around in. You can get them all day long for a few grand.

Lastly, if your not willing to put the energy into at least making your group offical, as in a for-profit, or better, not-for-profit, then you are lacking in some very critical area's. It's a lot of paperwork, but any one of this militia's would easily qualify as a public charity. It would also help by making those membership fee's tax deductible. If the good Col. isn't willing to do the paperwork, that calls the whole group into question.

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    for $20 a pound you can buy all you want just have to find that finance guy. Then bring me a signed and notarized copy of a form B-A-C-O-N to schedule Delivery. The finance guy will give you the form provided you bring your own notary.:D

Bacon
    Acquisition
    Cash
    Out
    Note
    :):

Never mind. Our Procurer in Chief made a run to Krogers.
    roald.jpg
    [/IMG]
    As you were.

viiiupndhead

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Auburn
    Militias have a bad reputation, some of which is deserved because some of them have been border-line criminal in their outlook and activities. Folks here are rightly skeptical of a stranger attempting to recruit for one. Maddog had a total of 37 posts the first time I saw his OP and styling himself a "Colonel" is in itself just cause (in my opinion) to make fun of him.

A "Colonel" historically raised his own regiment of troops - anywhere from 500 to 5000 soldiers. If that was his intent, he should have waited until he got that many recruits before promoting himself (or allowing himself to be promoted).

His post sent all the wrong messages to me and, apparently, to others. That's not necessarily his fault, and he did stand up and humbly defend himself - which most don't do -but it didn't mitigate the fact that this was the wrong venue and he used the wrong message to attempt to recruit members to his group. I've been on other fora where his reception would have been far, far worse.

:+1: Could not have said it better.

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    You mean Colonel Sanders had to get 500 workers before he got to be "The Colonel"?!!

Seriously, I think Blackhawk summed it up. I did not see any personal attack against the poster, just some sarcastic and really FUNNY barbs regarding the OPs organization and position. If you are going to stick yourself out there, you need to be ready for the criticism. A lot of it was constructive, even if harsh. I am glad the Mods did not close the thread and I am glad so many INGOers have their heads straight about militias.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2010
    Hollow log
    Just saw this organization, and who i assume to be the OP (or his current equivelant - these groups change leadership / splinter so frequently) on the new episode of "Militia Rising" tonight.

Im not inherently opposed to this kind of group ... but what i saw didnt impress me. Im not a bad-ass by any means; just a guy from a family with a proud history of service, and a bit of personal experience on corrections ERO. Rgardless, here are some of those things that struck me between the eyes:

1) "Brass" that couldnt knock out 20 pushups at any cadence

2) Team / squad leaders who dont know NATO phonetics or radio procedure

3) Men in BDUs armed with Sig rifles, who couldnt run a 10 minute mile in jogging shorts, let alone any kind of combat loadout.

See a pattern? Now im not exactly mr.universe myself, but i can at least knock out a half assed amount of pushups and situps, and maintain a solid jog for 10 minutes. I would loose my job if i couldnt.

My advice to "Commanders" out there? Start a basic PT regimen for you and your "soldiers", and make participation mandatory. Some communications briefings wouldnt hurt either.

Top Bottom