• Status
    Not open for further replies.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I got hit by a drunk driver in a Nissan. So if you see a Nissan, expect the driver to be drunk and hit you. See how silly that sounds?

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I got hit by a drunk driver in a Nissan. So if you see a Nissan, expect the driver to be drunk and hit you. See how silly that sounds?

There's a lot less IMPD officerea than nissians. but I will look out for both. Thanks for the heads up guys.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    well by Indiana law they are still liable if they hit you even if they have their siren on. That was clearly a dangerous and stupid move on his part. sorry but there is no call more important that would justify causing another casualty trying to get there quick to hang out at the scene because you've had a boring shift and get to flick on your lights

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Open carry no doubt.

1huk54.jpg

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Off-duty, open-carrying, IMPD officers driving Nissans are the worst!

But, yeah, I've seen a few sets of red-n-blues think that somehow the rules of physics can be bent a little. Be aware and stay safe!

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    i had a whiteland cop almost hit me and my entire family by him running a red light with no siren and only lights on. (he wasnt even in his jurisdiction) we both had white smoke coming from our tires, and then after he barely missed me thanks to my quick reaction, he just drove off.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    well by Indiana law they are still liable if they hit you even if they have their siren on. ..............

Are you sure about that?

I believe that if you are involved in an accident with an emergency
    vehicle that is operating with lights and/or siren you are at fault. It does
    not matter if he/she hit you.

Someone else chime in please. :dunno:

DocBoCook

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clermont
    Are you sure about that?

By DOT law, all EVOC license holders are required to show due regard and are not allowed to run red lights (they are still required to stop, then go after they assure it's safe, but that's another story), but they hit you, it's their fault.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Are you sure about that?

Not true... if it is your fault then you will be cited... 9 times out of 10 though, its more the responders fault and the city will pay for your repair bills.

emfloyd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Greenwood
    i live near a scool and serveral times ive had them pull out infront of me. i dont know the reasons for them doing it or not paying attention,and although it is frustrating at the time i try and give them the benefit knowing that they have more going on than just driving from point a to b. that being said it still would stink if they hit somone and hurt a person.i guess i see it as a catch 22. if i needed them id want them there asap which means they might be in a rush and not a 100% aware of there suroundings but at the same time putting others at risk is not a good thing.:dunno: i can see both sides

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    If there was no accident, they didn't stop you, drag you out of the car window with a gun stuck in your ear don't worry about it move on down the road. Most likely not the first time someone has pulled out in front of another car. Would anyone be on here complaining if it wasn't a cop car.

:popcorn:

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    Are you sure about that?

my brother, several years ago, got into a minor accident with an LEO in response to something. (just tweeked the bumper). it was the officers fault and the city did pay for it.

im assuming therefore that its treated like a normal accident, had it been my brothers fault, he would have paid for it.

but i do know that in that situation, the city paid the bill.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom