• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Craig T

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2012
    Avon
    I just put the warren sivigny sights on my glock 34 and noticed today I was shooting low. I put the recommend taller sight on it being a long slide, should I have gotten the shorter sight? It says they are sighted in for a 20yd aim/impact I would think that shooting at 10 yds with a 20yd aim/impact I would be shooting high?

Craig T

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2012
    Avon
    So I need to figure out where my sight needs to be at different ranges? With the factory sights the bullet hit where I aimed. Is there a difference with these sights. Did the factory sights have a different poa or poi?

CB45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The factory adj. sights probably had a different zero.

You should check poi @ 20 yds to confirm zero.

Also, if your using hand loads with a heavy & slow bullet, that may change what height front sight you need.

Lots of things to consider.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    So I need to figure out where my sight needs to be at different ranges? With the factory sights the bullet hit where I aimed. Is there a difference with these sights. Did the factory sights have a different poa or poi?

sort of, all sights are like that because bullets rise and then drop. do you know how bullet trajectory works? you should not be shooting too low maybe 1-2". i think most factory sights are 25 yard POI/POA. what you can do is swap out the .245" front sight for the .215" front sight and you will hit POA/POI at 10 yards but you will shoot 4-5" high at 20 yards. i have the warren tactical sights and that is the way it was with mine. warren will swap them out for free.

Craig T

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2012
    Avon
    Ok. I'm going to go to the range again and see if I really have an issue or if I was just having an off day. Thanks guys for the help

Top Bottom