• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Transit Police in the District of Columbia are now performing random bag searches on people, without probable cause, and without a warrant. All in the name of safety.

Metro to conduct random bag searches

Anyone care to argue that this doesn't violate our rights since we can choose another method of travel?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Of course they cite a couple bogus terror plots as their justification. We are destroying our country better than any "terrorist" ever could.

political-pictures-osama-bin-ladin-still-free-you.jpg

BearArms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    I can't wait for the first video of someone refusing to be searched. Anyone want to make bets on how many days until this video is bouncing around the internet?

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    just like DUI check points. all in the name of safety.

Id rather keep all my rights and fight terrorist in the streets than let a bunch of govt thugs trample our constitution to make their job easier.

In the end, I think we will be fighting terrorist in our streets. I know who the terrorist are, do you?

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Bin Laden has helped us create our own prison in America and really only has to show a little interest in attacking to raise our own anxiety everytime. It is ridiculous anymore but it will always be in our heads about what "could' happen if we don't act the way we do. We have created our own tyranny.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    didnt bush tell congrees and the American people in his address after 9/11 that ANY nation harboring the terrorist will be lumped in with them? so why arent we bombing the crap out of pakistan right now? you want bin deushbag, then bomb pakistan.

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    Ask the police, and of course they will say you have no RIGHT to travel on a bus, plane, train, ferry, etc, etc, etc, and yea they are completely correct, we have no rights to travel on someone elses privately owned mode of transportation, and if Joe's bus service wants to grope, xray or otherwise search you before they allow you to board their bus, then you must submit or face not being able to travel on Joe's bus. BUT, these searches are being done Unconstitutionally but GOVERNMENT agents before someone rides a GOVERNMENT or rather TAX PAYER funded PUBLIC transit system. So because of that, these searches are Unconstitutional at best.

INGunGuy

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    didnt bush tell congrees and the American people in his address after 9/11 that ANY nation harboring the terrorist will be lumped in with them? so why arent we bombing the crap out of pakistan right now? you want bin deushbag, then bomb pakistan.
    The U.S. is "in bed" with Pakistan to provide stability in the Middle East and protect Pakistan's nuclear weapons. (Ummm Mr. Nixon, how did Pakistan acquire nukes?) Much of this goes back to counterbalancing India's nuclear program. The Russians were (are) also involved.

Bottom line, U.S. foreign policy often comes back to bite us. We should just let India have its way with Pakistan and then we would have more options on where to outsource our call centers.

More to the point of this thread, terrorism is winning simply by being a threat. Doesn't cost them anything other than a few video tapes and an occasionally homemade bomb that doesn't even have to detonate.

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    Bin Laden has helped us create our own prison in America and really only has to show a little interest in attacking to raise our own anxiety everytime. It is ridiculous anymore but it will always be in our heads about what "could' happen if we don't act the way we do. We have created our own tyranny.

bin laden did 9-11 like santa brings presents...

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    More to the point of this thread, terrorism is winning simply by being a threat. Doesn't cost them anything other than a few video tapes and an occasionally homemade bomb that doesn't even have to detonate.

the terrorists---just another word some people use for MUSLIM--- arent winning a thing... it dont do them any good to turn America into a police state,,,that only helps the right wingers in America...

the MUSLIMS want us out of the middle east and to stop helping israel...and they arent winning that,,,in the least... how does getting america locked down help their cause??? it dont... were being fed this lie from politicians who want to keep the wars going and want to keep the police state going...

....and if the muslims want us out of the middle east,,,and are capable of hurting us,,,why do we say---no way---and continue to make america a police state,,,instead of leaving over there and saving all that money,,,and getting the muslims not to be a threat???? that seems like a really easy one...

no muslim cares about how american live their lives,,,or what americans throw out in their trash...this story is a complete lie... this whole terrorist threat is being fed to us to lock down this country....

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Transit Police in the District of Columbia are now performing random bag searches on people, without probable cause, and without a warrant. All in the name of safety.

Metro to conduct random bag searches

Anyone care to argue that this doesn't violate our rights since we can choose another method of travel?

Well if you don't like it you can walk/drive into DC u know. ;)

Besides this is occuring in DC which is a special area in the nation and the laws of this nation need not apply. :faint: :rolleyes:

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    the terrorists---just another word some people use for MUSLIM--- arent winning a thing... it dont do them any good to turn America into a police state,,,that only helps the right wingers in America...

the MUSLIMS want us out of the middle east and to stop helping israel...and they arent winning that,,,in the least... how does getting america locked down help their cause??? it dont... were being fed this lie from politicians who want to keep the wars going and want to keep the police state going...

....and if the muslims want us out of the middle east,,,and are capable of hurting us,,,why do we say---no way---and continue to make america a police state,,,instead of leaving over there and saving all that money,,,and getting the muslims not to be a threat???? that seems like a really easy one...

no muslim cares about how american live their lives,,,or what americans throw out in their trash...this story is a complete lie... this whole terrorist threat is being fed to us to lock down this country....
    I'm going to buy stock in Reynolds Aluminum.
    You must go through tin foil at a frightening rate!!
    Your continued insistence that America is a Police State has become very tiresome and to be quite frank, smacks of mental issues, even to a non Mental Health Care Provider like me.
    IMO
    You're loony!

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I'm going to buy stock in Reynolds Aluminum.
    You must go through tin foil at a frightening rate!!
    Your continued insistence that America is a Police State has become very tiresome and to be quite frank, smacks of mental issues, even to a non Mental Health Care Provider like me.
    IMO
    You're loony!

you realy dont see America moving towards a police state? look at the major policy changes over just the last 10 years. I mean REALLY look at them. This is not the America my ancestors fought and died to create, nor the one I thought I was fighting for. This government is doing anything it can get away with to become omnipotent and unchallenged, and people with your attitude are letting it happen. You can make the tin foil hat argument all you want, but when the SHTF, I know what side I will be on no matter what im called.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    you realy dont see America moving towards a police state? look at the major policy changes over just the last 10 years. I mean REALLY look at them. This is not the America my ancestors fought and died to create, nor the one I thought I was fighting for. This government is doing anything it can get away with to become omnipotent and unchallenged, and people with your attitude are letting it happen. You can make the tin foil hat argument all you want, but when the SHTF, I know what side I will be on no matter what im called.
    While there are other instances, the USA PATRIOT Act is unprecedented in stepping on individual rights and moving the U.S. toward a police state. The act was specifically written to thwart terrorism, yet it applies to U.S. citizens, not Bin Laden and his cronies. Thankfully, judicial scrutiny has ruled some of it unconstitutional.

Aside from the freedoms aspect, consider how much all this, and two wars, is costing the taxpayers. Don't even get me started on how much we spend on oil that finds it's way back to terrorist.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    you realy dont see America moving towards a police state? look at the major policy changes over just the last 10 years. I mean REALLY look at them. This is not the America my ancestors fought and died to create, nor the one I thought I was fighting for.
    I've heard the same rantings from people when Nixon was POTUS, when Reagan was POTUS, and my Dad has told me the exact same words were spoken when FDR was POTUS.
    Newspapers in the Southern States said the EXACT same thing about Lincoln!!
    The "Doomsday Police Staters" have been around for a VERY long time.
    The First Amendment gives them the right to speak their mind on such matters. It does NOT, however, require that I agree with, or tolerate those rantings.
    Anyone who remembers The McCarthy Hearings will be familiar with what happens when people let a loon, like McCarthy, carry on about "the enemies all around us".
    It wasn't until Edward R Murrow found the jollies to confront McCarthy's goofy beliefs that America became aware of the dangers of listening to political Doomsday Prophets.
    Unfortunatly such things aren't taught in schools these days and we have a couple of generations out there who have NO idea of the political path that has led us to where we are today.
    Maybe I have too much faith in the American People.
    I believe that the vast majority of them see the Govt for exactly what it is.
    Flawed, but the best system on Earth!!

Top Bottom