• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Disclaimers have been on the Constitution for years, now.

BoR-VOID.gif

Vasili

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2010
    Indiana
    i hear you, each day i wake up, i wonder why.
    this isn't the country my relatives died in wars defending.
    that country is long dead.

this is a new america, one where the word 'america' don't mean what it used to mean.
    we're in trouble.

DustinG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    It is the progressive way of getting around the Constitution. An example would be that the freedom of speech does not protect the internet because the Constitution was from a different time period. However, common sense people understand that in order to do that the Constitution would have to be amended!

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Our Founders were lightyears ahead of the times when they wrote The Constitution. They wrote it in plain simple language. It's plain and simple. The freedom of speech and press, ok so we arent talking into the computer and it being speech BUT I can print it out then its considered press. I win! :D WOW If only Ben Franklin knew almost everyone would have a mini-printing press in their house!

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I hate to disappoint you all but there should be a warning label on the constitution.

Warning: This document outlines and provides inspiration to those who desire their freedom from oppression and sovereignty for those who abide by its foundation.

JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    The Constitution is an offensive document. It is clearly racist and should be banned completely.

This thread is also offensive.

This post is also offensive, I should be sued.

In fact, everything is offensive. Free speech needs to be revoked.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I wonder where these morons come from that think that they can selectively use only the parts of the US Constitution that they themselves think remain applicable in our modern times. The bammer has made such statements. It is still up in the air where he actually came from, but we do know where he spent much of his younger years and what type of education he received in Indonesia. That probably has a lot to do with his opinions and attitudes and who he selected as his mentors and his associates, all of which seem to be very foreign to most of us.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    My fellow Americans. The constitution DOES have a warning label. Its called the DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE, and in the preamble it says this:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

THIS IS A WARNING LABEL FOR OPPRESSIVE GOVERNMENTS, TO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE OF TREADING ON OUR RIGHTS!

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    The Constitution is unimportant for government. Even President Obama when endorsing his nomination, Sonia Sotomayor, stated that a Supreme Court Justice not interpret and apply the law as intended.

I will seek someone who understands that justice isn't about some abstract legal theory or footnote in a case book; it is also about how our laws affect the daily realities of people's lives -- whether they can make a living and care for their families; whether they feel safe in their homes and welcome in their own nation.

I view that quality of empathy, of understanding and identifying with people's hopes and struggles, as an essential ingredient for arriving as just decisions and outcomes. I will seek somebody who is dedicated to the rule of law, who honors our constitutional traditions, who respects the integrity of the judicial process and the appropriate limits of the judicial role. I will seek somebody who shares my respect for constitutional values on which this nation was founded and who brings a thoughtful understanding of how to apply them in our time.​

Silly me, I always thought that the application of the law was done without passion or prejudice; that emotion was utilized during the actual legislation, or creation of the law.

Top Bottom