• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I get email updates from One Source Tactical. The latest one said the best way to lose weight, is to eat a lot of meat, and some vegetables. I thought I better share it, because this is JUST the type of diet I've been looking for!:

Fitness - How?

STEP ONE - DIET

Gabe Suarez - CEO Suarez Group

Last time we talked about the importance of fitness. In this installment I will discuss HOW to become fit. I think that for our purposes here we can accept the previous definitions. In other words, strength, agility, explosiveness, and a degree of speed and endurance are important. Being "fit" goes far beyond your uninterested Doctor telling you that you are "healthy for your age". It requires a discipline and a commitment to three aspects of lifestyle.
    First is Diet - Some people will tell you that we humans are omnivores, as they chomp down on a slice of Pizza. Others will tell you that we are meant to eat grasses, vegetables and roots, b ringing up dubious ethical issues about killing things and eating them.
    What I would suggest to you is simply this. The "proof is in the pudding". The pudding around their mid section actually. Just like one would be a fool to take financial advice from a hobo, it is equally stupid to take dietary advise from the obese..or even the pudgy. So the moment someone begins to tell you how you are meant to eat, look at their belly. Is it tight and strong, or does the speaker look like he is eight months pregnant?
    Many years ago, the Dragon Lady and I (that is the honorific and adoring pseudonym for my wife) attended a seminar put on by Drs. Michael and Mary Eades. I subsequently read and studied the book Protein Power written by them. They have a website by the way - http://www.proteinpower.com/. If you visit, tell them Gabe Suarez sent you.
    In any case, in the book, the Eades explain and elaborate why we are carnivores and why we are not designed to eat starches and sugars, and why we need to eat vegetables, fruits, and specifically in large amounts - meat.
    I won't take up your time here with this and I do not have the medical credentials to argue the points, but what I do know is that the diet described in the book - the Paleo diet by another name, works. Their book tells you why.

I eat this way 100%. For breakfast I will have three eggs and bacon...or some ground hamburger. Lunch is a salmon salad, or a bunless burger, or something of the sort. Dinner is a plate full of shrimp...or a big filet. Conspicuously missing is bread, potatoes, or any starches. OMG!!! Your health!! The USDA types will say. Well, I am 53 years old. My waist is 32, and I weigh in at 173. I can bench or squat 1.5 times my bodyweight and more than double my weight in a deadlift. My blood pressure is 119/70 and my cholesterol too low to concern with. I teach men half my age how to kick the asses of other men half my age on a regular basis, and can do today what I did when I was 25. How the foxtrot is that possible? Ignore the common wisdom and listen
    I recently coached a high school rowing team. I put them on a strength regimen comprised of powerlifting, sprints and gave them a diet to follow. Being high school kids, not all followed it, but a few did. I told them to avoid pasta, potatoes, bread, and anything deriving from those things. I told them to avoid sugar...period. No pastries, cakes, doughnuts. candy bars, soda, etc. I told them to eat eggs, fish, red meat, chicken, bacon, pork, etc. I told them to eat green vegetables, and fruits. And I told them to drink water until they floated.
    That was right around the regrettable re-election of the current POTUS and the subsequent craziness following Sandy Hook. I excused myself from coaching as my days turned into 18 hour propositions, and that lasted until just early in the summer.
    Early August one of my kids ( I call them Junior Staff) had the annual get together of the Rowing Team prior to school starting. I saw the usual faces as they greeted me with, "Hey coach...wassup". But two of them I didn't know. They looked familiar but I would have sworn at that moment I don't know who those kids are.
    As the burgers were sizzling on my extra large grill I asked one of them who he was. I told him, "I think I know you". He said, "Yes...I am John...I am on the rowing team". This kid, last year was, and I am being kind...porky. Today as he stood in front of me, he was strong and lean. I could see shoulders and a chest and no excessive fat around his gut. "My God...what happened?", I asked. "During the summer...I did what you told us to do". He had lost some 40 pounds, and another kid lost 30 pounds.
    Look guys and gals...our "tribe" is a warrior tribe. We are a bellicose lot. But being fit to fight requires more than just owning a Glock or a Steyr. If you doubt my words, do this. Get the book by Eades...read it, and do as they say for a month. If you have not begun to lose weight, I will give you a free class of your choice. Why am I doing this? After all...there is no financial gain for this pirate by telling you these things. I am sharing these "secrets" with you because I care about my tribe...I care about YOUR health, YOUR quality of life, and YOUR ability to fight.
    Trust me on this...this diet will change your life. Now go eat some bacon!!!

Cldedhnds

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Hendricks
    image_zpse81255cb.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Top Bottom