• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • keiths34

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2013
    hopkinsville
    I got a reply today asking me to schedule my exam. Done and done! Now it's a waiting game...

Ah yes, the beginning of a long process. Word of advice, Prep for EVERY stage of the process and do your homework. It'll definitely make you feel more comfortable at each phase and could pay off in the end.

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Got my app in, and test scheduled for the most recent process! I couldn't complete the hiring process last fall / spring due to being deployed, so I'm excited to finally be able to complete a test!

Out of curiosity for those who already work for IMPD, someone told me the listed pay scale was base pay, and to expect more than the listed base pay. I'm not wanting to know what anyone makes exactly, but I'm curious if that is correct info, and if so, what additional pay are they talking about for say... a normal, fully trained, second or third year officer?

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Benefits

Base pay scale and benefits. Additional pay comes from OT, Field Training Officer, longevity, college degree, etc.

Thanks! Yeah, that's what I've seen before, and what the person I know emphasized was simply the base pay.
    Other than maybe OT, I'm not seeing anything that may regularly make a difference on a young officers pay check. Any shift differentials or anything like that he may have been talking about?

Either way, I think the listed 3rd year pay is pretty competitive. Especially if you take a look at the pay scales of some other surrounding departments, or the state.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Thanks! Yeah, that's what I've seen before, and what the person I know emphasized was simply the base pay.
    Other than maybe OT, I'm not seeing anything that may regularly make a difference on a young officers pay check. Any shift differentials or anything like that he may have been talking about?

Either way, I think the listed 3rd year pay is pretty competitive. Especially if you take a look at the pay scales of some other surrounding departments, or the state.

PART TIME WORK!!!

keiths34

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2013
    hopkinsville
    I will be moving to Indy, and must have permanent residence by the 27th of this month. Any Suggestions on Good / Bad locations in Indy? Places to look into? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Would like to find a nice house but being on a time crunch Im open to options.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    The south east side of town is statistically the most major crime free. You can also easily access 65 or 465 which will take you all the way to the academy. If you're single, I'd consider renting a place with other recruits.

Top Bottom