• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • speedways

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    I'm just getting interested in purchasing an AR. I have 3 pistols, G21SF, G26 and a S&W 357 mag. Like to expand collection. I prefer to buy a complete rifle, ready to go. Use would be limited to target practice and for home defense. I know you all have your favorites, what suggestions do you have and where is a good place to purchase. If online, who can it be shipped to?
    Thanks

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    It might help if we knew were you were located. Assuming Speedway from your handle, I think karlsgunbunker and Michiana both do FFL transfers if you want to mail order one. I would suggest you hit a couple of the gun shops down there and look over a couple different kinds. Each shop will carry one or two brands and not surprisingly the brand they carry is the best and a good buy.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'm just getting interested in purchasing an AR. I have 3 pistols, G21SF, G26 and a S&W 357 mag. Like to expand collection. I prefer to buy a complete rifle, ready to go. Use would be limited to target practice and for home defense. I know you all have your favorites, what suggestions do you have and where is a good place to purchase. If online, who can it be shipped to?
    Thanks

If you are in the area or not too far, AAC in Mooresville and Bradis outside of Mooresville usually have a couple. Last time I was in AAC they had a nice RRA with a removable carry handle for $969. I was VERY tempted. Bradis might be a little higher, but usually a good selection.

As far as online, Welcome to the RGUNS Internet Storefront has some REALLY good prices, but I've never ordered from them and had mixed reviews. If money is tight, it may be an option if you don't mind a wait.

Just some thoughts.

maxcoen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    North Side
    Online. No tax!

Buy your lower separate from the upper. You need to have the lower go through an FFL but you can ship the upper to your door. Watch PK they have been putting up some nice uppers this week. I wish I had the $$ to pick up another.

gunselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    32   2   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Indy
    Plainfield Shooting Sports had a decent assortment last weekend. DPMS, Remington, LWRC, Sig 556 (not technically AR)

Beech Grove Firearms had about 12 in tonight. RRA 223's and 9mm. Colt 223's a used ar-10 in 243

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    PSS is empty. Was in there Friday or Saturday and all he had was a couple KelTex and one AR rifle, but it was red and couldn't really tell as i didn't ask about it.

On a side note, AAC had two of them Monday and had been there since tuesday of last week. Might check him out.

Top Bottom