• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1975stingray

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    so i decided im going to get my ol lady a walther p22 (pink and black) its a nice gun at a reasonable price (290 at indy 1500). liked it and so did she. was also thinking about taurus pt25 with the pink pearl grip small and not high powered i think she would also like this. any input from the other members would appreciate it

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Hi Stingray, and :welcome: to INGO.

Look around a little. I imagine you'll find there're a few of us that have posted about the P22. Not quite as much as bacon, but some, anyway. :lol:

Up near the top, you'll see a button that looks like this:
    nav_search.gif
    . Click on it (not this one, the one up top!) and you'll see the basic search function.

Have a great day!

Blessings,
    B

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    how in the world did I miss seeing a pink and black walther at the 1500??? (too many people probably....)

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    how in the world did I miss seeing a pink and black walther at the 1500??? (too many people probably....)

Hmm...

(Scutter spies the pink P22- thinks, "uhoh..")

Scutter: "Hey, honey, look over there! Cotton candy, and it's pink!"

Spasmo: "Ooo, let's go get some!"

(Scutter thinks, "Whew! That was close!" :thumbsup:)

Hey, it could happen....

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    HEHEHE LMAO... I'm not yelling.. just really really laughing... Cause I do recall him saying something similar... :) I believe it was something like.. "There's some honey roasted almonds...."

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Yeah.. if I recall correctly, the Pink honey roasted almonds were right next to the blueberry cheesecake fudge. :D
    I did refrigerate the blueberry and strawberry cheesecake fudge that I bought (which melted because it was so hot in there). The waxed paper was stuck to them and they were molded together. Yes, waxed paper isn't suppose to stick to things... hehehehe I got all of it off. Had a piece of both of them and they weren't nearly as good as peanut butter fudge. Sigh.... all of that work for something not so good.

hmmm pink honey roasted almonds.... now you do know I didn't say he called them pink. I just said he averted my attention into another direction. :D

bramer89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    I would go with the p22 i myself love shooting em. I haven't dealt with taurus myself but have heard nothing but bad about them. I guess your chances of getting a good one is about 1 and 10. But since i dont have experience with taurus i cant really give MY input on it just what ive heard.

baldmax

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    North Liberty
    I have a P22. It fits my oldest boys hand and the wife. I can't wait to take him shooting this year. It will be good to have a shooting buddy. The P22 is a great little gun.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I would go with the p22 i myself love shooting em. I haven't dealt with taurus myself but have heard nothing but bad about them. I guess your chances of getting a good one is about 1 and 10. But since i dont have experience with taurus i cant really give MY input on it just what ive heard.

Well, now you've heard something good about them :)

I've owned 7 or 8 Taurus guns, all were a good value for their money, all worked well. One of my PT99s was my IPSC gun for a while way back when, put in excess of 30,000 rounds through it before getting a PT92, then a Beretta M92 since I carried the M9 on duty. I preferred the Taurus guns, and carried them off duty and shot them in competition. None of my PT99s or PT92s malfunctioned. Not ever, not once. The Taurus revolvers I or my wife have owned all worked very well.

Make no mistake, a Beretta or a S&W is a "nicer" gun than a Taurus, but they don't necessarily function any better. Taurus' are a good deal, in my experience. I can't tell you how good their warranty service is, because I've never needed to use it.

jimbolucky13

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Same here Robert my girl friend has never really been that hot on guns, but when I said something about trading the P22 it was a different story. Along the lines of that's my favorite gun to shoot you can't get rid of that.

I'm glad she talked me out of it because I really enjoy it as well. IMO It's a very reliable, and accurate gun. (for what it is of course)

randyb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    I bought a p-22 awhile back and have enjoyed it. It does not like the federal bulk pack ammo, but feed everything else with no problems. Fun gun and accurate.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I just purchased a P-22 from BGF. Check out the WaltherRimfireCentral.com Forum. There you will find many comments about the P-22 and how to fix many of its reported problems. It is ammo picky but all is fixable so do not worry about buying this fine little pocket pistol.

Walther uses an alphbet code for manfacturing dates. A=O B= 1, C=2, D=3, etc. My AI version is an 2008 model. The year is the last two letters on the barrel. It has many of it's earlier problems fixed, however at around 300 bucks it isn't going to be a custom made model. It is a man made machine on a budget and like all man made machines such made, it ain't perfect. But will a little TLC and tweaking, can be made to shoot like a dream with most ammo in .22 calibler.

Stingers is the only problem. The Stinger case is a little longer that the rest LR rounds. The Stinger gets hung up on the carbon ring the regular rounds leave in the chamber. They will work, just don't shoot them after regurlar rounds with out cleaning the chamber first. Words to the wise.

Good Luck and enjoy the very nice Walther P-22/

Top Bottom