• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    I went out to PSS this morning and did a little trading. Walked out with a Walther P22. I've been kicking around getting one for awhile, and finally got one.

First off, my hands shake, they have since I was a teenager so I am not any kind of handgun marksman.:rolleyes:

The pistol fits my hand very well. Trigger pull is "stiff" in DA, (no where near what the trigger was in the BG .380 I had), but is unbelievablely light in SA, with very little travel. I shot 2 different brands of .22 ammo thru it with no problems with either.

Pistol and magazine with the extension that came with it, and the extra one I bought without it. Didn't notice that until I got home.:rolleyes:

phonepics066.jpg

The 2 brands of .22's I shot thru it. I bought the MiniMag's because I had read the P22 was picky. It fed the cheap Blazers just fine. I ran a total of about 100 rounds thru it over at MCF&G this afternoon.

phonepics067.jpg

Results of 20 rounds (2 mags) from about 25-30 feet. Not too bad IMO for me and my shaky hands. All were in the target outer circle, which is pretty good for me and a new pistol. Hopefully I can tighten the groups up with more practice.

phonepics068.jpg

All in all I really like the P22.:yesway: Might have to buy the longer barrel, and give it a try at FNS.

Last edited:

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    The P22 is a fun little handgun. I've found that it is picky with any of lead nosed bullets. Especially the crappy winchester xpert.

For the cheap bulk packs, I've found the 550 round packs of Remington Golden Bullet is best for all of my .22lr's. Obviously the CCI's do very well also and I'll use them when shooting for groups.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    The P22 is a fun little handgun. I've found that it is picky with any of lead nosed bullets. QUOTE]

Maybe I got lucky and got a "good" one:dunno:, I had read several places it was picky with ammo, but it ran the cheap Blazer lead roundnose just fine. Accuracy was good, about the same IMO as the MiniMags. I was hoping it would cycle the Blazers since I shoot them out of my MkIII, my .22 AR upper, and now the P22.

Only "complaint" I could have is putting the thing back together. I found you need the spring guide to install the slide back on. It took me awhile to figure that out since there are no real instructions for disassembly/assembly in the manual.:xmad:

Last edited:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Yes they are very easy. I end up completely removing the barrel of mine when I clean it. It just seems easier and it doesn't get crap from the barrel inside the the rest of the gun.

I usually shoot it at cans and steel plates at 25-50 yards. I can hit 12" steel at 100 yards pretty easily if I try. I plan on going tomorrow and I'll be sure to post pics.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Nice report! I to have a walther p22 sitting in the safe. I bought it for my wife a couple of years ago...she hasn't shot it yet......neither have I because?#%^&
    It's Pink! :nailbite::nailbite::nailbite:

SixSigmaLarry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   1
    Jan 3, 2010
    NE Indiana
    Nice report! I to have a walther p22 sitting in the safe. I bought it for my wife a couple of years ago...she hasn't shot it yet......neither have I because?#%^&
    It's Pink! :nailbite::nailbite::nailbite:

Pink?! That's an easy fix. Just bust out some Krylon. Actually, I wonder if some duracoat would do the trick (that is, if you are wanting to use it a lot).

Firehawk, thanks for the range report. I just picked up a P22 yesterday. I thought I would have time to go to the range, but I have some yard work to do today. I am looking forward to breaking mine in (I'm considering using the break in method I saw that someone posted here, but I am glad that yours did so well......maybe I will get lucky with mine too).

Now I need a suppressor!

paintball_addiction

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    180   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    SW of Indy
    Only "complaint" I could have is putting the thing back together. I found you need the spring guide to install the slide back on. It took me awhile to figure that out since there are no real instructions for disassembly/assembly in the manual.:xmad:

I had the same problems but YouTube is your friend on that one. There are some good assembly/disassembly guides on there.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    I had the same problems but YouTube is your friend on that one. There are some good assembly/disassembly guides on there.

When I got home from shooting it I cleaned it. The second time it was much easier to reassemble. I disassembled it to clean it and look it over before I went and shot it. That is when I had the WTF moment. Nothing in the manual really said anything about the spring guide rod.

All good now, might just have to go over and shoot it somemore this afternoon.:yesway:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I only run mini-mags through mine. I tried some CCI standard velocity and they where not quite hot enough to work the action. I have found the best bulk to be Federal Champion. I will never again buy Remington ammo.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    I only run mini-mags through mine. I tried some CCI standard velocity and they where not quite hot enough to work the action. I have found the best bulk to be Federal Champion. I will never again buy Remington ammo.

That's what I had been reading about the P22, and why I grabbed a box of MiniMags. For me at least the el cheapo Blazer 40 gr. lead roundnose ammo functioned fine.:yesway:

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    With a $30 adapter for the barrel nut, the P22 makes a GREAT suppressor host.... just sayin'.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    That would be cool!:yesway: Now if they has a threaded barrel for the Ruger MkIII it would beven cooler!:D I assume a suppressor can be swaped out to different firearms?:dunno: Or are you required to state which firearm it will be mounted on?

A suppressor (that is not integrated permanently into a firearm) can be moved to any host you want. I use mine on every .22 I own, including my P22.

Here's mine in its sexy cheap-ass fake James Bond case:

2w24ny8.jpg

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    A suppressor (that is not integrated permanently into a firearm) can be moved to any host you want. I use mine on every .22 I own, including my P22.

Here's mine in its sexy cheap-ass fake James Bond case:

2w24ny8.jpg

Damn...Very nice, I want one.:D What exactly is involved in starting the process of obtaining the permit to own a suppressor?:dunno:

BTW, what do suppressors cost? Only one I've looked at is the Surefire... wow $1400????

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Damn...Very nice, I want one.:D What exactly is involved in starting the process of obtaining the permit to own a suppressor?:dunno:

BTW, what do suppressors cost? Only one I've looked at is the Surefire... wow $1400????

This thread will answer everything you want to know.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/class_iii_nfa/26144-nfa_from_a_beginners_perspective.html

.22 suppressors are in the $150-$400 range. Higher calibers are in the $500-$1500 range.

You'll also want to see this FAQ entry:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...6185-ingunowners_faqs_sticky.html#post1761124

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Top Bottom