• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • juggaloxjj4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    How much would you buy one for. i was looking online and it said around 500 but i know how the market has changed so i would like to get you $.02

popeye

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Deepest, darkest, Indiana
    The .380 is recoil operated. The felt recoil is quite snappy in the PPK. There's several different PPK's out there ranging from Interarms to S&W. The post German models have suffered from jamming and sharp, hand cutting slides. I've bought a couple in the past for $350-$400 used. They never fail to dissapoint

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Well, i cant tell you about the PPK, but i can tell you that the Bersa .380 is a ppk clone and its between 220-300 depending on the model. If you are getting the gun because you like it, then think about the Bersa, if you are getting it becasue its a Walter PPK..then i guess get the PPK

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Depends on where it was made. The German made ones are pricey, often fetching $500-$600 or more in today's market.

homeless

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    indy
    My Eagle proof .32 PPK is my favorite gun to shoot. And I don't think there is a member on this board with enough money to pry that out of my hand.

Check out WaltherForums - Powered by vBulletin for some info. But the real question is what ppk is this, is it a S&W, Interarms, Manurhin, or a Walther? All this tell is where it was made and who imported it. It also does dictate the resale value of the gun.

But yes they are great guns, and I want more.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Unless you're really set on a Walther for some reason, I'd suggest looking at the SIG P232 and the Bersa Thunder 380. Both are ergonomically better than the Walther IMHO.

homeless

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    indy
    The basic breakdown is like this; If it was made in Germany it is the ****, France is good to go, however if it was made in the US then be prepared to send it back a few times or have a gunsmith go over it, and even then it still wont be the real deal.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Are you really talking about a PPK or a PPK/S? I'd be all over a real PPK for that price. Harder to find them, though, since the PPK/S was designed to get past import points. Basically, they took the smaller gun (PPK) and added the larger grip (PP) to come up with the PPK/S.

PPK/S? There are no German ones. They were made in France by (in) Manhurin and assembled in Germany. When Walther canceled the contract with Manhurin, Manhurin marketed the guns themselves without the Walther logo. They had been making them all along anyway!!

I've got a circa 1939 German (actually made in Germany) PP in 7.65 / .32. I LOVE this pistol. I like the PP/PPK/PPK-S but you've got to understand their limitations. Small caliber in a comparatively heavy gun. This is no P3AT.

I like them... a lot. Considering the drawbacks / usefulness in my lifestyle, I wouldn't spend more than $400 on one. Not saying they're not worth more... I just can't see it.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/19204-walther_pp_ppk_ppk_s_trivia.html

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    I had a Interarms PPK/S that was a great gun with FMJ rds, but wouldn't load the first JHP. I didn't mind only being able to shoot FMJ though cause man was it laser accurate, even at 25 yrds. I bought mine used for around 350.00 several yrs ago (and have since sold it). To be honest with you I wouldn't pay more than 400.00 for one. One last thing to be aware of is the dreaded Walther "bite", you will learn really quick how to adjust your grip so the slide doesn't bite your thumb webbing everytime you shoot it.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    I agree with going with a Sig P232 or Bersa instead...

My brother has a PPK and it can't get through a single magazine without a ftf.

It also cuts the heck out of my hands when I shoot it. Literally, I shot 50 rounds through it and my hand was bleeding where the sharp edge on the beavertail was pushing into my hand. For a >$500 pistol, it has a LOT of sharp edges. I also cut my thumb racking the slide because of the sharp edges on the safety lever. I didn't feel it happen, I just noticed there was blood all over the slide around the safety.

I wanted one until he bought one. I really should thank him.

Edit: just to clarify, I'm not talking about getting bitten by the slide, I just mean the sharp edges of the gun push into your skin from the recoil.

AverageMidwest

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fishers
    Gotta agree on the Bersa 380 over the Walther....better ergonomically, same round and about 200-250 cheaper. Of course if you just gotta have James Bond's piece, go with the Walther.

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    I have a new one assembled by Smith and fired about 30-40 rounds thru it today not one problem with it. It is a snappy gun but I have others I carry on a regular basis. So I bought it for the name and I like it fine. But I understand what others are saying.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I have several Walthers and like them all. PP .22, one of the first 200 PPK Stainless guns made in the US, a PP .32 and a PP .380. All are German except the PPK and all shoot well. The PPK would not shoot ANY JHP I tried until I tried the old WW Silvertips and it feeds those fine. Walthers seem to have heavy triggers but are usually accurate and the PP.22 is a blast to shoot! I've had a couple Sig 230s and they seemed like very nice guns as well, I just liked the Walther better. There are some great deals on used Beretta 84s and CZ 83s right now. I don't have a CZ 83 yet but I really want one. Just go and look at several models and see which ones feel best to you, then look for a deal on that model.:twocents:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I have two Interarms PPK/S models. Never had a problem with either one and they make good carry guns. They are reliable and flat, fit well in a pocket.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom