• ...and so much more!
  • scatwater

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    North East Indiana
    Drovers CattleNetwork - Is Walmart

I thought this link might be of interest. I had not heard this before. About half way through the articale. It is really quick, but it mentions Walmart will put a new focus on there hunting/fishing and Gun sales. I think that is a good sign. I know not everyone likes Walmart but the more business's that push guns to the main stream I think is a win for us in some form.

Homebrew

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    I've noticed that. I wonder if they'll get cheaper Wally-only made versions like they do everything else.

strut70

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    columbus
    Whats strange about that is ,we have a wal-mart supercenter in columbus tha don,t even carry firearms...We have two .The on in town does and the one out west don,t

norman428

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I'm glad. I know the Noblesville walmart recently had their entire ammo cabinet fully stocked. They had everything from .22 to personal protection .45 ammo, I was very impressed. Most of the time its low on everything, and out of .45. Its a step in the right direction at least.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Not long ago they going to phase out gun sales. Did you see where they're going to sell health insurance next? Guns and health insurance, Hmmm.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Drovers CattleNetwork - Is Walmart

I thought this link might be of interest. I had not heard this before. About half way through the articale. It is really quick, but it mentions Walmart will put a new focus on there hunting/fishing and Gun sales. I think that is a good sign. I know not everyone likes Walmart but the more business's that push guns to the main stream I think is a win for us in some form.

My last purchase came from Walmart. I had a couple dealers give me some really bad pricing on something from manufacturers they carry but have rarely stocked anything but a few certain items. I figured my money is better spent on a lesser brand from Walmart (gets similar reviews as the gun I was really wanting) for quite a bit less than several shops wanted. It is nice helping out a local shop but if they are way overpriced, not getting my money.

nox

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    TX->IL->IN->MO->IN
    Haven't found a WalMart yet in MO that doesn't carry guns. Usually they have a rifle case and a shotgun case. It was a shocker when I first moved, I don't think any of my usual Wallys back in Indy carried firearms.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Walmart isn't doing it because they're a big supporter of the second amendment. They woke up and realized they were leaving a ton of money on the table by neglecting the shooters/hunters out there, and now they want that cash.

I hate Walmart, but this works for me. If I can pick up a decent gun for a good price or inexpensive ammo while putting a few bucks in their bank account, so be it. In my world, price is king.

Uncle Lee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Tell City
    The Wal-Mart here in Tell City hasn't carried guns for years.
    Now things are changing and they put up a gun rack.
    After waiting a month and checking ever few days, they put up 4 muzzle loaders.
    That is as far as they are going to go.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    After the ammo crisis & continually have reorder ammo ,they probably realized it was one of the most requested items that's carried .I still do ammo checks at every wally world I go to.2 Walmarts(that I know of)here in Fort Wayne have started stocking firearms

msd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Princeton
    It's the demographics by region what wally warts will stock. You go out to Casper Wy, they stock everything. Gunpowder, bullets, brass, primers, guns. Crazy seeing things like that in there.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I think its hilarious that Walmart missed out on the boom in gun sales that Obama sparked. Now that they see the tremendous sales they missed they want to try to jump in and suck up some of the money from gun sales that local gun shops enjoyed. I hope they fail as they abandoned their customers once and will do it again on a whim and in a heart beat. You are better off in the long term supporting the local gun shops than the greedy undependable Walmart corporation. Think about it, is it really worth saving $25.00 on a shotgun?

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    I personally hate Walmart, I immediately get mad when I walk it the door. Its just frustrating to go to a gun counter and no one is there. Then you spend the next 30 mins trying to get someone to help you. After you finally find someone, they dont know anything about guns, or they dont have the keys to get to the guns or ammo. It just such a cluster **** in there that they have no business selling guns IMO. I will spend a lot more to get what I want somewhere else. I want a staff that doesnt try and bull**** thier way through the sale. The knowledge that many gunshop employees and owners have is a lot more valuable to me than saving 10 bucks. I will take my money to local shops and keep it here helping local people. Sorry for the rant, Walmart just drives me nuts.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    our local walmart just started carrying firarms again but they sell out fast, must be the pricing as they were cheaper on items than other places when they have a sale

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I personally hate Walmart, I immediately get mad when I walk it the door. Its just frustrating to go to a gun counter and no one is there. Then you spend the next 30 mins trying to get someone to help you. After you finally find someone, they dont know anything about guns, or they dont have the keys to get to the guns or ammo. It just such a cluster **** in there that they have no business selling guns IMO. I will spend a lot more to get what I want somewhere else. I want a staff that doesnt try and bull**** thier way through the sale. The knowledge that many gunshop employees and owners have is a lot more valuable to me than saving 10 bucks. I will take my money to local shops and keep it here helping local people. Sorry for the rant, Walmart just drives me nuts.

Your Walmart must suck. The one here, you could talk to a couple of the guys that work in sporting goods/the gun counter all day long about guns. They've avid hunters and shooters. A couple of the women that I've talked to back there have had a better idea about certain things than people at a fairly big gun shop in the area.

Top Bottom