KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    OK, everybody take a breath and chill out. This is a thread on an Internet forum, it ain't worth getting wrapped around the axle.

carry205

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2017
    Florissant
    I was in walmart earlier and unloading my cart into the car. A guy getting the carts said something i didn't hear and i said" i didn't hear ya". He said " i bet nobody f**ks with you. I seen your gun." I didn't show i was pissed for what he said and calmly said " it's not just about me but rather everyone else around that may need help too. Carrying a sidearm doesn't make anyone into a badass." He started saying something else but i got in the car and left. I wasn't hearing any more stupidity.
    From the sounds of things, it sounded like op tried to enlighten the person, trying to explain the reasoning behind his choice to carry. Probably some high school or college kid only spouting what he has been taught by the woke education system, and MDA. I’d say the op gave it a try, but the message didn’t compute. Something in the Bible about casting your pearls before swine?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Couple of thoughts...

It's best not to tangle with folks, when out and about. Especially when they see something that you are failing at trying to hide.

If you make an ordeal out of someone spotting you carrying, you don't know what that might turn into down the road? Come off grumpy and they could stew on it until the next encounter? They might just say anything the next time around to get back at you?

Think you are rattled this time? Just wait until Wally World guy screams "HE HAS A GUN," when you are reaching for your wallet in the busy checkout line. :xmad:

It's best to think up a couple of pleasant lines in advance, just in case you print or are exposed.

"No worries. We are all safer, due to my wise decision."

"No charge for the extra security, my friend."

"Thanks for letting me know."

;)

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    I was once at a local diner, with a 1911 @ 4 O'clock. Two small town police officers took the table behind me. After a few minutes, one of them, very politely, whispered in my ear, "You got a permit (several years ago) for that thing?" While not making any moves with my hands, I replied, "Yes, sir." He said something benign like, "Ok, then", and returned to his seat. Lesson? I need a smaller gun, better cover, or to sit in a booth. These days I pocket-carry a Keltec P32, or AIWB a P365XL. Nobody has ever noticed either. IMHO, advertising the presence of a firearm is in poor taste.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Couple of thoughts...

It's best not to tangle with folks, when out and about. Especially when they see something that you are failing at trying to hide.

If you make an ordeal out of someone spotting you carrying, you don't know what that might turn into down the road? Come off grumpy and they could stew on it until the next encounter? They might just say anything the next time around to get back at you?

Think you are rattled this time? Just wait until Wally World guy screams "HE HAS A GUN," when you are reaching for your wallet in the busy checkout line. :xmad:

It's best to think up a couple of pleasant lines in advance, just in case you print or are exposed.

"No worries. We are all safer, due to my wise decision."

"No charge for the extra security, my friend."

"Thanks for letting me know."

;)
    Luckily i have the wallet thing handled. I have it on the inside pocket of my jacket. I haven't quit figured out what or how i will carry when it gets warm out. I'm usually in a t-shirt and shorts. Any suggestions ?

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    If that's the case, there are a lot on INGO with challenges in life. If I had a nickel for every time I saw someone type "I seen" or "I seen something for sell"...
    I love you.

My wife when we met was 100% anti-gun, along with her whole family. She grew up in NJ in the shadow of the city.... you know, the big one. they were taught from birth that guns are bad and only criminals have them. After many discussions she became ambivalent and not upset that I had them. When we moved rural and had to take car of Coyotes, skunks and other critters she became pro. The first time she waited for he police to show up and realized that we were on our own if something bad happened she wanted to learn to shoot and be more prepared.

Now one of her brothers owns guns and her parents are no longer anti and see the reason and benefits of 2A rights and personal ownership

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Occupational hazard, just taking into account he was from what I understand working as a cart attendant at Walmart, with maybe with limited education, and perhaps one of the hardworking individuals with challenges?

Not judging just wondering, one of my wife former students works at one of the Walmarts as a cart pusher. very nice person that is doing extremely well to be working and living in a group home. Sometimes there some really good people that have challenges that may be mistaken as being stupid. Quite a bit of difference between stupidity and ignorance.
    I pushed carts while I was in college. This was pre-powered thingy. It was all done by hand. I'm not the smartest guy in the worlds but doing that got me off the cash register and out of a department stocking and cleaning up after cretins. It was a mindless job I could go out and do for 6 hours after a full day of classes and rehearsals where I didn't need my brain and it was an awesome workout.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom