• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    This is strange. Looks like if you had a product that would sell, you would want to put it out on the shelf and make it available. Most jobs are 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM so if it goes for sell at 7:30 AM most folks with day jobs would not be able to be at the store.

DEstes001

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    Western Hendricks County
    I wonder if when all this blows over and everyone ends up with thousands of rounds and no one needs any anymore if the prices will actually come back down to a realistic range. It is almost impossible to find anything at a fair price to just "go shootin" with. I can't even find reloading supplies for 9mm, especially the primers, they are no where to be found. Should we sit on what we have or should we shoot it til its gone?

mamachay

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Last time I bought ammo at Walmart in Valparaiso, they made a photocopy of my ID!
    Now, I didn't realise that it was a requirement to id ammo buyers yet, but thats the last dollar of mine that Walmart will see for ammo. Don't get me wrong I asked and the guiy said it was corp policy. I am 46 years old, so it wasn't an age thing. bad business if you ask me................

kman1977

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Last time I bought ammo at Walmart in Valparaiso, they made a photocopy of my ID!
    Now, I didn't realise that it was a requirement to id ammo buyers yet, but thats the last dollar of mine that Walmart will see for ammo. Don't get me wrong I asked and the guiy said it was corp policy. I am 46 years old, so it wasn't an age thing. bad business if you ask me................
    Here in Fort Wayne a couple of times they have asked to see my ID but they have never photocopied it.

ricochet22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Pssst, over here
    I check a couple of Wally's and Caselton Gander regularly and can never bump into .22lr anymore. See some 9mm on occasion. Can't even get .22lr at my LGS. Kinda odd on the 22 stuff?

Blackdog765

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    I went to Walmart yesterday on my way in to work, and thought of this post based on my experience.

When I walked up to the Sports Dept there were probably 7 other guys standing around chatting and joking about who was or wasn't in line to make a purchase. So I asked where the end of the line was - because they were all just standing around randomly in no particular order. I hadn't really seen that many people around the ammo case in a long time. Usually someone there when I arrive and someone else there when I leave.

I noticed they had some Tulammo 9 so I lined up to get my allotment. And this is the part of the story that sounded odd to me. The only clerk that was there was using his radio to call for assistance, since there were so many people back there. When the assistant arrived, she said "what's going on back here?". Clerk-1 said, "oh nothing, so-n-so put all the ammo out, so we have quite a few customers here now..."

And this is the statement that stuck out to me... Clerk-2 said, "what? He put it ALL out? Why?"

They kind of switched their conversation at that point as to the fact that so-n-so was now going to be working with them in the gun department... But clerk-2 asked a second time in a slightly different way why so-n-so decided to put out ALL the ammo. She kind of emphasized the word ALL during both enquiries.

I've read the conspiracy threads about Walmart not putting out the ammo, or hoarding it in the back and didn't really buy into that logic. But I thought this line of questioning was rather odd. Unless of course Walmart is possibly trying to stretch out the timing of when they stock the shelves in between truck deliveries. That would make some sense I guess.

I guess it was one of those times where what I was hearing didn't sound quite right, and I'm not real sure why... Clerk-2 made it sound like there was a mountain of ammo in the back and they were surprised that it had ALL made it to the shelf at the same time.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Maybe Walmart is not putting out a lot at one time so that more folks can get a box or two but the scumbags buying it ALL and reselling it for inflated prices can't get very much at a time? Sounds downright responsible, to me.

Cldedhnds

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Hendricks
    I would love to see a random stocking of this stuff quite honestly. Always wonder if there are favorites or special customers who "find" what their looking for or seem to speak like they are in the know. I have stopped in 30 or more times and only saw new ammo come out twice. At least the random might curtail profiteers and create more of a lottery.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Maybe Walmart is not putting out a lot at one time so that more folks can get a box or two but the scumbags buying it ALL and reselling it for inflated prices can't get very much at a time? Sounds downright responsible, to me.

This. ^^^^^^^

I'll stop shooting before I buy any ammo out of the classifieds or off the net. I think the random stocking by the stores is the best thing Walmart can do. Same with GM. The bottom feeders are just making a bad situation worse.

Top Bottom