• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    I applied for a replacement LTCH on January 30th (lost or stolen with address change).
    It is now February 22, when I sign into my ISP account it sais "duplicate in progess".
    How long does it generally take to receive a replacement?
    Also am I legal to carry using my original pink paper LTCH that shows a former address? TIA!

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    With the current state of affairs, who knows for sure. However , when I did mine to get the card I got it in the mail while it still said "in progress". You should have gotten a receipt of the transaction(keep it with you), plus the state computers are updated . Not a gov or lawyer, but you should be good to go.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I applied for a replacement LTCH on January 30th (lost or stolen with address change).
    It is now February 22, when I sign into my ISP account it sais "duplicate in progess".
    Also am I legal to carry using my original pink paper LTCH that shows a former address? TIA!
    First IANAL and this is not legal advice. You are not required to carry or have in your possession your LTCH. All that is required is that one has been issued. So IM(nonlegal)O yes it would be legal to carry until you get your duplicate. There is also no requirement to have your correct address on the LTCH just that it is correct in the database and that you report the address change to the state within a certain number of days 60 iirc.

As to how long it takes to get the duplicate, :dunno:.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    My son just got his new card after a change of address, and he said it took about 3 months to get his new card. He applied in mid-November and just received his new card this Monday.

wildcatfan.62

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 9, 2011
    South Bend
    I replaced my old card with a new one. No changes just a new card. It took 3 1/2 months. Just got it two weeks ago. I got one email in mid January saying I was approved for a replacement. Then the card was mailed two weeks ago.

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    Wow, thank you guys for the info/responses. I replaced it one time a few years ago and it only took a week or two. From the sound of it I might as well stop waiting by the mailbox lol..
    I think I went over the 60 days since my address change, hopefully they don't give me any grief. I was well past it last time and didn't have an issue. I don't carry often and didn't even think about the address change.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Physical cards may soon be a collectors item!

I'll echo comments above:
    - State requires that you be licensed, not that you carry or present a license.
    IC 35-47-2-1 Carrying a handgun without being licensed; exceptions; person convicted of domestic battery Sec. 1. (a) Except as provided in subsections (b) and (c) and sections 2 through 2.1 of this chapter, a person shall not carry a handgun in any vehicle or on or about the person's body without being licensed under this chapter to carry a handgun.

- State requires that you notify the superintendent of address changes
    (k) If a person who holds a valid license to carry a handgun issued under this chapter: (1) changes the person's name; (2) changes the person's address; or (3) experiences a change, including an arrest or a conviction, that may affect the person's status as a proper person (as defined in [URL='http://iga.in.gov/legislative/laws/2021/ic/titles/035#35-47-1-7']IC 35-47-1-7[/URL]) or otherwise disqualify the person from holding a license; the person shall, not later than thirty (30) days after the date of a change described under subdivision (3), and not later than sixty (60) days after the date of the change described under subdivision (1) or (2), notify the superintendent, in writing, of the event described under subdivision (3) or, in the case of a change under subdivision (1) or (2), the person's new name or new address.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Not even sure why we need a paper card or plastic one since Its linked to your drivers license.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Not even sure why we need a paper card or plastic one since Its linked to your drivers license.
    My understanding is that some few departments (major metro and ISP as examples) can pull up records from multiple sources with a DL number. It is not "linked", so much as pretty much everything is in a database somewhere. Departments without that fancy database access would have to look it all up separately or even "call it in" (think: small town PD).

In other words, the BMV has no knowledge of your LTCH. The LTCH database does not include your Driver's License information. They do both have your name and address, so can be "linked" to you.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    My understanding is that some few departments (major metro and ISP as examples) can pull up records from multiple sources with a DL number. It is not "linked", so much as pretty much everything is in a database somewhere. Departments without that fancy database access would have to look it all up separately or even "call it in" (think: small town PD).

In other words, the BMV has no knowledge of your LTCH. The LTCH database does not include your Driver's License information. They do both have your name and address, so can be "linked" to you.
    Thanks for clarification. Now let's hope the state house can pull their head out of their 4th point of contact and just get rid of the license

Top Bottom