Wait, 5yo girls grabbing guns isn't a joke?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DThurston

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Shelby County
    So, I haven't posted in a very long time and then this happened.

You've got to read the whole exchange with this mental giant. Assuming you can resist the urge to ::head desk::

http://twitter.com/EveMcMac/status/469381000045146113

The text is:
    EveMcMac: @DVCMAC @dthurston I think it's unreasonable for u to carry a gun at Safeway! Where my. 5 yr can grab it and shoot it b4 u can stop her

THIS is why I laugh at them.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    just another idiot parent who really needs to take a basic pistol class.
    We need basic firearm education and safety classes in schools please!... for the parents and the kids.

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    It pains me a bit to say this, but I suspect that reflexes would cause any five year old grabbing my gun to get an elbow in the face before I realized they were a kid.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It pains me a bit to say this, but I suspect that reflexes would cause any five year old grabbing my gun to get an elbow in the face before I realized they were a kid.

Most every 5 year old I am aware of is below my elbow level. I have a retention holster and reflex/training have me firmly grabbing my gun and possibly the hand that is attempting to remove it.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    We need basic firearm education and safety classes in schools please!... for the parents and the kids.
    Can't do 'er. The rabid pro-gunners absolutely 'forbid' "mandatory training" of any sort! :laugh:

If we can't 'demand' basic firearm education and safety classes for those that daily choose to carry a firearm, how could we possibly 'justify' such classes "for the parents and the kids" who don't carry? :dunno:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Can't do 'er. The rabid pro-gunners absolutely 'forbid' "mandatory training" of any sort! :laugh:

If we can't 'demand' basic firearm education and safety classes for those that daily choose to carry a firearm, how could we possibly 'justify' such classes "for the parents and the kids" who don't carry? :dunno:

Can you even imagine the stress involved with trying to teach a class in a school. The certifications, the scrutiny, the politics. It would be impossible to teach.

arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel

While I don't necessarily believe that firearms safety classes ought to be a mandatory part of the educational system, there is quite a difference between barring someone from exercising their basic human right to self defense before completing a "safety class" and wanting to offer one as part of our existing educational curriculum. No one's rights get infringed if you offer a "firearms safety class" as part of a student's schooling, and it honestly might not be a bad idea when you consider that half of U.S. households have at least one gun.

TontoKowalski

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Scrolling up from that, it looks like this lady is a classic case of transference. She feels that if you are carrying a gun that it is an imminent threat of violence to her and she should be allowed to taser you. You can't be trusted with a gun because she thinks that, just like her, you are looking to cause violence on other people the way she would.

Last edited:

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    Scrolling up from that, it looks like this lady is a classic case of transference. She feels that if you are carrying a gun that it is an imminent threat of violence to her and she should be allowed to taser you. You can't be trusted with a gun because she thinks that, just like her, you are looking to cause violence on other people the way she would.
    Just to be flat out honest, someone attempting to use a taser on me unprovoked would be a VERY bad idea!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just to be flat out honest, someone attempting to use a taser on me unprovoked would be a VERY bad idea!

I have been hit with every Voltage (AC) from 24 to 440 three phase and got up. I know a taser carrys a lot of Voltage but get hooked up on the hi-output ignition system for a race car.....That will knock anyone down. I have and it hurt but I was right up. Tase me and you will get your ass kicked.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    While I don't necessarily believe that firearms safety classes ought to be a mandatory part of the educational system, there is quite a difference between barring someone from exercising their basic human right to self defense before completing a "safety class" and wanting to offer one as part of our existing educational curriculum. No one's rights get infringed if you offer a "firearms safety class" as part of a student's schooling, and it honestly might not be a bad idea when you consider that half of U.S. households have at least one gun.

This guy gets it.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    And she was actually talking about attacking someone just because they have a holstered firearm...WOW

Following that line of reasoning, anyone behind the wheel of a car is an imminent threat. How would anyone walk away from a little league baseball game unscathed? Oh the horror of all those baseball bats running around in the hands of untrained little kids! :bat:

Following that line of though, just about any place that you might find yourself in public would potentially put you in the path of someone who has the ability to kill you, and her thought to a reasonable reaction is to attack anyone who possesses that ability? No wonder liberals are so jacked up in the head. Who in their right mind could think themselves into a tail chasing circle like that?

Society has been sliding on a very slippery slope for many years. Too many kids were coddled as small children. Too many children were not taught to stand up for themselves in the face of adversity and bullies. We have turned into a society that expects that everyone should bend to the will of whoever is crying the loudest. As a child, I was paddled. If I threw a tantrum, I was typically ignored, unless I became so annoying that I was paddled, and then ignored. I was picked on as a kid, and my Dad taught me to stand up for myself. People like that woman are the results of those who had no business reproducing in the first place.

This country will not fall as a result of a foreign invasion, eventually we will just pee our pants, and hand over the keys to the first person who shows up on the front step with a gun.

Top Bottom