• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I just scored this Waffen Werks AK-74 today. The quality seems to be top notch. Great rivet job, tight mag and perfectly straight sights. I've read a lot of good things on this AK but was just looking for some more insight on this rifle.

WWAK74_2_zps1c847e17.jpg

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I just scored this Waffen Werks AK-74 today. The quality seems to be top notch. Great rivet job, tight mag and perfectly straight sights. I've read a lot of good things on this AK but was just looking for some more insight on this rifle.

WWAK74_2_zps1c847e17.jpg

You just bought the rifle, why don't you tell us about it? What size group are you getting at 100 yards using the 1080rd spam cans?

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    A few things that come to mind is how hard would it be to switch this over to a underfolder stock ? Not sure if the trunnion would need swapped out to do this ? I plan on refinishing this wood but would still like to know.

Another option is to possibly just switch the furniture out with "Ironwood" stock set so will a standard AK-47 stock set fit this 74 ? Basically interchangeability is what I'm interesting in learning.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    You just bought the rifle, why don't you tell us about it? What size group are you getting at 100 yards using the 1080rd spam cans?

I picked up some Russian ammo along with the rifle but have to renew my range membership to get back out there which I plan on doing later next month. So until then I haven't a clue.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    47 and 74 furniture will fit as long as it is for a stamped receiver. Putting an under folder is going to get pretty involved, since it has the wrong rear trunnion for that installed. Might look into a Romanian / Polish / or E. German wire folder. Requires no modification to your rifle, and gives you that Com-Bloc folding AK look.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    47 and 74 furniture will fit as long as it is for a stamped receiver. Putting an under folder is going to get pretty involved, since it has the wrong rear trunnion for that installed. Might look into a Romanian / Polish / or E. German wire folder. Requires no modification to your rifle, and gives you that Com-Bloc folding AK look.

Thanks, that clears it up. I'll just stay with the wood look and do a nice refinish on it and call it good. :yesway:

shooter651

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    I picked one up a while back. Haven't had a chance to get it to the range yet.
    My AK sight adjustment tool broke. Waiting on my new one.
    I've also been looking at the RS mounts. Either the 30mm or the one that works with the T1 or H1

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    It's not bad to shoot at all. Especially with the super low recoil of the 545 round. Cheek weld is not ideal, but that's common with most AK folders and optics. In fact, many of the commie AK optic offerings utilize more of a chin rather than cheek weld. Some guys claim its better if you wrap it up with 550 chord, but I don't really care for it.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    A few things that come to mind is how hard would it be to switch this over to a underfolder stock ? Not sure if the trunnion would need swapped out to do this ? I plan on refinishing this wood but would still like to know.

Another option is to possibly just switch the furniture out with "Ironwood" stock set so will a standard AK-47 stock set fit this 74 ? Basically interchangeability is what I'm interesting in learning.

I like a lot the looks of the side folders. You could consider putting that on there. I've read where it isn't too difficult.

I hope to eventually do that for my VEPR-12...

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I am really wanting a Waffen Werks 74! Anyone have a "guestimate" on when they may come back to 650 from 900? Or I guess I should just say a reasonable price drop

Last edited:

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Ahh I don't know if I can wait a couple of years... Guess ill have to choose between taming the spirit or shelling out the money haha

Top Bottom