• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bbarker

Marksman
    Rating - 97.7%
    42   1   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    SE Indiana
    I got two Pacific reloaders from my late grandfather, a DL-266 and a DL-366. He had two cardboard 55 gallon drums of empty 12 ga Winchester AA shells, 400lbs of shot, 3k CCI primers and some various wads. How much difference is there between each kind? Some were not marked and there were about 4 or 5 different kinds with anywhere from 250 to 800 of each. I need to get some powder and wondered if I should just start from scratch with the wads too?

I have already read several of his reloading books already and am thinking I may just buy some new wads when I get the powder.....I just hate to waste them.

He also had a RCBS JR3 with dies for 9mm, 38/357 and 22-250. There was about 1000 CCI primers, some brass and bullets. In fact, there was enough brass to load up over 800 38 specials. Once I do some more reading, I will start in on this too. I am going to start with the shotshell though and wanted to check on my question about the wads before I get started.

Thanks.

ABolt243

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Shelbyville, IL
    Yes, there are great differences in wads. Some pictures would help identify them. You should be able to match them up with several different kinds of powder. That's a lot of AA hulls!! And over $500 worth of shot in today's market.

bbarker

Marksman
    Rating - 97.7%
    42   1   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    SE Indiana
    Thanks, I will see about maybe getting some pics of what I have and see about identifying them. If I had to, I would buy a few different kinds of powder to use up these wads. He did have some unique and red dot powder left but I was unsure about using it since it was so old.

Top Bottom