• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • msgro22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    eastside of indy
    ok, but the problem i see with this is that they had to tip it over to do that.. if it was properly installed it would be bolted to the ground and in a smaller room.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I hate this video. It's worse than useless. All it does is serve to instill fear in the viewer about the quality of their safe. It doesn't offer any suggestions on what features to look for in a quality safe, it just says "talk to your local safe dealer". Well, gee, salesmen are well-known for never over-selling the quality of their product. :rolleyes:

AJBB87

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Here
    The music is so dramatic! I was sitting on the edge of my seat the whole time. And when the safe finally broke open... I screamed!

:laugh:

AJB

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I honestly think that video was a joke. First of all they would have to know you had a safe. Second he said they where not profesionals. Just average joes with a average tools. I would really like to see most average joes attempt that. Also even with the length of the pry bar, witch gives you increased leverage. You would still have to have some decent strength. Even to push it over.

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    well if i was a thief i would just go to the garage of the neighbors house and steal some bolt cutters then go to the other neighbors house and use the bolt cutters to cut the chain locking the cutting torch and use the torch to break into the safe :rockwoot:

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I hate this video. It's worse than useless. All it does is serve to instill fear in the viewer about the quality of their safe. It doesn't offer any suggestions on what features to look for in a quality safe, it just says "talk to your local safe dealer". Well, gee, salesmen are well-known for never over-selling the quality of their product. :rolleyes:

I got the Graffunder, American Security and Champion brands from the video...

SKSnut

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010

thats exactly what i was thinking

hickuleas

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    deep in the woods
    safes

Never be content with just a safe. All they do is slow someone down a liitle. With proper tools any safe is only minutes away from being opened. A good safe used in conjuction with dogs, alarm systems and other deterents will slow a professional down but if the right or wrong person wants in they will be there. It boils down to loose lips sink ships.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    ok, but the problem i see with this is that they had to tip it over to do that.. if it was properly installed it would be bolted to the ground and in a smaller room.

The setup that they had to break into the safe was the absolutely optimal condition for a break in. Lots of room, safe already on it's side and the correct length of pry bars.

If a safe owner even takes the smallest steps like recessing in closet with it bolted to the floor it prevents space to work with and accessibility to for a proper amount of fulcrum force to pry it open.

If done right even a 500.00 dollar safe can be made time consuming and a hassle to break into. Something that the everyday thief's do not want. Their object is to get in and out as fast as possible to increase their getaway chance.

alxjmrk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Indy, Nora area
    although i agree with you guys, i still would like to thank the OP for attempting to help us understand that for some things, if you buy something cheap it may be cheap. i dont think this is as much the case with these safes as it is wtih other consumer products though.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    big pry bar > most safes that we own.

Sure, more expesive ones will keep them out longer, but they are still going to get torn up if the person with the right tools wants in. Think how much time they have when your *** is sitting on a beach in Florida. They could drag your safe upstairs and crack it in your master bedroom if they wanted to.

DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    I've spent some time (months) thinking about having a safe. I want one installed so that nobody coming to my house would see it, yet I also want it to be installed within floor joists or wall studs. The problem with in-the-wall is it can be taken out with a reciprocating saw. In-the-floor is better, but then anyone working in my crawlspace might see it. I've thought of mounting it in the concrete garage floor of a new home, but then whoever builds my next house would know about it. "don't pour any concrete into this corner, uhh, nevermind why."

I like the idea of cramming it into a closet, but don't want one that big.
    Any ideas?

csm47362

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    New Castle, IN
    This video is such a joke. I keep waiting for the "come to our shop and we will sell you a good quality safe" "and we will only charge you 3 times what you should pay because we scared it out of you with our bs video"

Top Bottom