• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Harless deserved to lose the position he abused. He deserves to lose a lot more, but at a minimum, he deserved that. This is not in question. That said, however, while I'm glad to see he won't be able to abuse the public from that position further, I hate to see someone lose his job in this economy, if for no other reason than that if he has a family, they don't deserve to pay for his transgressions.

Regardless of that, however, one person is responsible for his losing that job. It's not the citizen who he threatened. It's not his chief or his mayor. It's Daniel Harless.

I hope he learns something of real value from this. I hope he gets whatever help he needs, but I hope he does it while earning his living picking up garbage cans or welcoming people to Wal Mart....or really, any position in which he has no sway over another person's life.

Blessings,
    Bill

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Harless deserved to lose the position he abused. He deserves to lose a lot more, but at a minimum, he deserved that. This is not in question. That said, however, while I'm glad to see he won't be able to abuse the public from that position further, I hate to see someone lose his job in this economy, if for no other reason than that if he has a family, they don't deserve to pay for his transgressions.

Regardless of that, however, one person is responsible for his losing that job. It's not the citizen who he threatened. It's not his chief or his mayor. It's Daniel Harless.

I hope he learns something of real value from this. I hope he gets whatever help he needs, but I hope he does it while earning his living picking up garbage cans or welcoming people to Wal Mart....or really, any position in which he has no sway over another person's life.

Blessings,
    Bill

Well said, and repped!

:yesway:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Well said, and repped!

:yesway:
    With my thanks, sir!

However much of a rectal orifice Mr. Harless was to the other citizens of Canton, we need to remember that WE are better than that. He's still a human being. I just think it needs clarity to say that (as I interpret what I read, knowing this community,) we don't take joy in the fact that he is unemployed, only that he won't be treating any more citizens that way.

Blessings,
    Bill

1911 DeadHead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    NWI/ Crown Point
    Lol rectal orifice. Very well said. I also hope he finds the right path, for his family's sake. It still really grinds my gears watching it. I hope I am never in such a situation. I would not be able to hold my tongue after such abuse.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I'm not a believer in violence, and I would certainly try any and all means at my disposal to resolve a conflict before resorting to it, but I have to admit, I would get a certain amount of satisfaction beating the living crap out of that guy!

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    I have watched the car video on this. This guy should be fired. But somehow he manages to do this routine many times and still remains unpunished. He gives all cops a bad name.

Top Bottom