• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I'm trying to imagine a scenario where Dead Duck would actually criticize a cop. I'm having difficulties.

If this cop was a millenial and the kid was carrying a Raggedy Andy doll instead of a knife and instead of mag dumping his handgun into the kid he called in an airstrike and destroyed the entire block... THEN would you disagree with his actions?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I'm trying to imagine a scenario where Dead Duck would actually criticize a cop. I'm having difficulties.

If this cop was a millenial and the kid was carrying a Raggedy Andy doll instead of a knife and instead of mag dumping his handgun into the kid he called in an airstrike and destroyed the entire block... THEN would you disagree with his actions?

That kid had it coming.
    Raggedy Andy Dolls are for P******!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Are you familiar with the Brightwood area of Indy? There are a few blocks there where an airstrike would be an improvement.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I can't remember when anything any good came out of Chicago. I've never really held the police department there in high esteem. As far as this case, it looks like the officer is charged with murder. He'll get his day in court, as anyone else would. Being white, I don't understand the hard feelings across the country by African Americans who feel as if they are always targeted by the police and kept down by the man. There sure seems to be a lot of anger and frustration in African American dominated communities. If peaceful protests relieve some of that anger and frustration, then I support them. It is too bad that the current administration in D.C. hasn't been able to address these issues. I didn't vote for Obama, but after the election, I was hopeful that the one thing he could do was bring the races closer together. It looks to me that we are more polarized than before. Around here, black on black murders are sky rocketing with no one coming up with any ideas of how to stop it.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    The list of complaints over the years should have been an indicator that this officer needed to be removed from the streets.

Chicago officer who shot teen amassed 18 civilian complaints

Total number of complaints is useless information. How many are sustained? How many arrests? What neighborhood?

Check and see how many criminal defendants file disciplinary complaints against their own attorneys... who tried to get them acquitted or at least keep them out of prison.

Seems like the complaints should be focused on Rahm and McCarthy... if we're talking systemic violence here... If it's just an aberration, then why the demonstrations?

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    Taught me a new word; rep'd

Thanks for the rep. The wife and I have launched a personal campaign to bring back the word rapscallion. ( Ever since she heard Ben Cartwright refer to Little Joe as one) Yes. we watch Bonanza re runs every day, and live a relatively boring life.lol.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan has requested the U.S. Department of Justice’s Civil Rights Division investigate Chicago Police Dept.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan has requested the U.S. Department of Justice’s Civil Rights Division investigate Chicago Police Dept.

For? Poor tactics? Black sites? Heavy-handed policing? One would think there's been enough incidents that the Justice Dept would have already gotten involved.... You can't help but think that the mayor's relationship with the president has insulated him from this occurring much sooner.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow

I think a false informing charge might be in order for the person who started this canard. It seems that lying has become stock in trade for the agitator class these days.

Only now??? A lot of CYA going on in IL these days.

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I

My my my. What a turned worm we could have if a connection would be made to a former Illinois state senator turned POTUS helping a former POTUS' CofS turned Chicago mayor covering up the murder of an innocent teenager until after his re-election as mayor of said city. I mean, if a Republican mayor has a racially charged situation on his hands, the same POTUS' track record leans toward overstepping authority as opposed to turning the other cheek.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    So I am talking to my son who is a cop about this shooting. I say they should have just tasered him. My son replies that none of the cops at the scene were carrying tasers. I am like you got to be kidding me. Then in todays Sun Times there is an article that has a quote by Anita Alvarez. She is quoted "if any of the officers had been carrying a taser, we would not be here today. Out of eight officers, not one officer was carrying a taser". Not sure I agree with the we would not be here today part. The way the cop came out of his vehicle and started firing. I just find it odd that out of eight cops, no one had a taser.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom