• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    If you get a chance to go to one of these workshops do so. I just got back from the first one. I learned a great deal about how to properly field dress, process, cook & care for venison and other meat. You will learn why some hunters deer meat tastes funny & how to keep yours from getting that way.
    Here is a link to times & places.
    http://www3.ag.purdue.edu/counties/warrick/Documents/AG/2012_VenisionWorkshopSeriesFlyer.pdf
    It is the best $15 I have spent! (some of them are FREE)
    It would be great time for young hunters & you get to taste some good venison steaks, roasts, chili, etc.

rotortech

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I am also going to Ft. Ben with another INGO member. I can always learn something new. I plan to try deer hunting for the first time this season. Maybe I can put these skills to work.

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    Went to the one in Lafayette tonight. The instructors are very knowledgeable, the samples at the end are fantastic, and there is a lot of good information to be had. Haven't hunted deer before, but I feel a lot more comfortable knowing what to do with the animal after the presentation, especially as far as getting good cuts of meat.

1donos

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    going to try to make it to the hoosier outdoor experience Sat. looks like they have a lot interesting things going on.
    thanks for the good info about this!

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I went to the one at Ft. Ben yesterday. I feel confident I could break a deer down now. The guys did a great job with their instructions and answered a bunch of questions. Maybe now I can stop handing Archers $110 every time I shoot a deer.

Didn't even think about there being so many other Ingo members there. Wish I would have tried to talk to more people than I did.

Top Bottom