• Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    ksl.com - Lawmaker aims to do away with concealed carry permits

I bring this up because I believe it is the step in the right direction. However, if this does actually pass after being written what will that mean to use out of state permit holders. Will we be faced to pick up a Florida non resident for Ohio? Just some thing worth keeping an eye on.

Re-read the last line of the story at the link you cited.

The permits would still be available, just not required, just like AK and AZ. :)

Blessings,
    Bill

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Three nights ago I had a long talk with one of the chief state lobbyists for the NRA. He happens to be a former student of mine and we catch up every so often.

He said to expect more of these pushes at the state level. To not require permits for concealed weapons carry seemed radical just a few years ago, but the tide is turning. I definitely believe that this is a step in the right direction.

Maybe it's time for Indiana to join VT, AZ and AK?

Comp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    T H I N
    Re-read the last line of the story at the link you cited.

The permits would still be available, just not required, just like AK and AZ. :)

Blessings,
    Bill

Maybe it was just miss communication or I took the article wrong. The way I read it was that he was trying to do away with the permit and the training required for those who still applied for it out of state. I just feel like that would devalue the permit and possibly the way other states honor it. I don't see how they can allow people who live there to carry and people who don't to take additional training but then again what in government does make sense:dunno:.

Comp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    T H I N
    Maybe it's time for Indiana to join VT, AZ and AK?

It would be so great if we did. Maybe I am glass half full but things seem hopeful. There is this movement in Utah and an open carry movement in the future in Florida.

jdewyse

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    I don't think that Indiana would ever go to a no "permit required" state, we would lose a lot of revenue by giving up the $125 required to pay for a permit. Losing money is a hard pill to swallow for a politician:D:ingo:

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I would gladly join an "Indiana Conservation Club" or something like that to replace the lost revenue from eliminating the firearms licensing extortion. It would suck, but I believe that to be better than having to have a license to exercise a Natural, God-Given Right. My :twocents:

Top Bottom