• Status
    Not open for further replies.

longbeard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    United States
    I agree with longbeard people just wanting SCSA RO certification shouldn't have to take a class that is mostly about another discipline.
    This is one of my big faults with USPSA. They want more RO's which helps at every level of the sport and yet they want potential RO's or clubs to foot a rather large bill to get a local class. People have to devote a whole weekend and some have to foot a motel bill and travel expenses and food just to get certified just to be a volunteer.:dunno:
    USPSA I here the question all the time from clubs and members alike what does USPSA do for me?
    Well offering these seminars for free would be a start and a better use of the dues we pay and would help the future of the sport.:twocents:
    The RO certification is outdated. It could be done online and spare the travel expenses for all involved.

Range portion could be conducted by a local CRO or even RO.

76caprice

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2020
    Franktucky
    National matches are all expense paid vacation for the USPSA staff. Plus sponsors give guns. ammo, accessories to them that they sometimes keep and/or sell for untaxed profits.
    This is been proven in leaked emails and other means.

Here is my take on working nationals. Vaction time is because I want to do it, gas and travel time is on me, as far as sponsors giving guns away I have only seen two to three max be drawn for staff! As staff we shoot all the match or half of it in one day as to where paid slots have 3 1/2 days of shooting. So what exactly am I gaining on working these? My time is definitely worth more than a hotel. I do it because I want to and to see a lot of shooters. So where’s the expense paid for a ro volunteering their own time to work a national event? My .02 to your post! Have a good day!!!

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    I can see you have not wanted the truth. I posted it all in the other thread.
    You still haven't answered any of my questions.
    How many nationals have you been to, to insinuate someone working the match was on a "paid Vacation"?
    Did/do you help setup local matches and run them?
    You made BS comments in THIS thread quit redirecting to another thread where all you posted is links to Instagram.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    You still haven't answered any of my questions.
    How many nationals have you been to, to insinuate someone working the match was on a "paid Vacation"?
    Did/do you help setup local matches and run them?
    You made BS comments in THIS thread quit redirecting to another thread where all you posted is links to Instagram.
    My apologies. When I said "staff" I should have said full time paid employees of USPSA. Everything else I have posted is accurate and fact checked.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Forgive my curiosity, but I can't place who you are. Are you a USPSA member?
    I joined in 2017 and was an active member until this year . I have only shot Steel and USPSA at Owensboro. If you were there we probably crossed paths. I got to the range well before the match and helped Gary and crew set up and stayed late til everything was cleaned up and put away. I pasted targets, painted steel and never sat on my ass and watched others. Unlike some here my participation level is lower but that doesn't make anyone a better person even if they think it does.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    My apologies. When I said "staff" I should have said full time paid employees of USPSA. Everything else I have posted is accurate and fact checked.
    Interesting because the full time employees looked pretty busy at the matches. That doesn't even include all the before the match work that no one sees.
    Gotta ask Fact-checked by who?

longbeard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    United States
    I joined in 2017 and was an active member until this year . I have only shot Steel and USPSA at Owensboro. If you were there we probably crossed paths. I got to the range well before the match and helped Gary and crew set up and stayed late til everything was cleaned up and put away. I pasted targets, painted steel and never sat on my ass and watched others. Unlike some here my participation level is lower but that doesn't make anyone a better person even if they think it does.
    I don't know that anyone thinks you're a lesser person. There are lot of opinions flying around. Some of which seem to be from people who aren't engaged in USPSA. I was curious where you were coming from. I'm sure Owensboro appreciated any help you gave.

Are you refraining from uspsa membership because you don't approve of it or because you lost interest? Genuinely curious.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I don't know that anyone thinks you're a lesser person. There are lot of opinions flying around. Some of which seem to be from people who aren't engaged in USPSA. I was curious where you were coming from. I'm sure Owensboro appreciated any help you gave.

Are you refraining from uspsa membership because you don't approve of it or because you lost interest? Genuinely curious.
    I have not re-upped because of a medical issue. Arthritis is my trigger finger. I'm a terrible shot with good hands but I'm working on it.

Rio

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2017
    SE Indiana
    Diddnt mean to stir all that up, by the national matches all I mean is they have one for every discipline. Seems every time I turn around I see one advertised. I was at the carry optics Nats this year to shoot the sig match, and get spanked I might add, it looked like quite the undertaking and there was a lot going on very little of which I had any understanding of.
    I know there are 4x as many USPSA members to steel challenge members. I get that but steel challenge nationals is hard to get a slot and I am talking even for top shooters which I am not. Just seems for the same amount of money put in by the members the opportunities are skewed more than 25%

longbeard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    United States
    I have not re-upped because of a medical issue. Arthritis is my trigger finger. I'm a terrible shot with good hands but I'm working on it.
    Sorry to hear that.

Amidst all the uspsa kerfuffle I often wonder what it has to do with me. Then I wonder about everyone piling on and what it has to do with them.

Outside of the organization going bankrupt, which quite frankly is of little concern to anyone not making a living off of it, most of us lose nothing.

So my question to you. Why does this truly rankle you? A guy who has only shot at his local club and now isn't even a member.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I don't like how this thread is going, even with the posts I deleted.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom