USPS: Mail not deliverable Evansville, anyone else?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Went to get the mail couple of months ago and found a sticker of a cartoon dog on our mailbox. Turns out the mailman put it there. Our small Australian Shepherd is about as dangerous as a broken airsoft pistol.
    The Fedex lady is awesome, middle aged and laughs at our dog. Same for the UPS guy.

Mailman is a 30 year old millennial who is probably one of the inclusive hires.

Don

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    As someone whose duties include reviewing metric ****-tons of Postal (US Postal Service) tracking on a daily basis (on a good day it's a kilo, haven't had a good day in a while), here's what I've observed:

Indianapolis area (ZIPs 462XX, doughnut Counties 460XX and 461XX): Holiday plus blizzard = bad, but picked up on Saturday got to the PO on Wednesday. Indianapolis 462XX ZIPs have A LOT of "Alert: can't access mailbox" status.

I have observed some local ZIPs not getting the parcels "arrived at Post Office" scanned until early-mid afternoon opposed to 0-dark thirty in the AM which is standard. It gets delivered the following day, but this is a new thing. Not a lot of ZIPs, not the same ones, it's like it didn't get on the truck at "OMG it's early" around 0200-0400.

Other Sort Facilities in Indiana (472/473/474/478): Seems to be moving about like Indy-area.

Out of State Sort Facilities (Includes 470/471 and 475 since 470 sorts in Cincy, 471 sorts in Louisville and the USPS thinks E-Ville is in Kentucky), Champaign, IL and to Snow-Birds in places that are much warmer: I'm seeing delays out the ying-yang.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Went to get the mail couple of months ago and found a sticker of a cartoon dog on our mailbox. Turns out the mailman put it there. Our small Australian Shepherd is about as dangerous as a broken airsoft pistol.
    The Fedex lady is awesome, middle aged and laughs at our dog. Same for the UPS guy.

Mailman is a 30 year old millennial who is probably one of the inclusive hires.

Don
    My Aussie used to scare the **** out of delivery people. Our house was "red flagged". Our Aussie wouldn't hurt anything but they have this half bark, half growl that makes them sound mean. Plus, if someone knocked on the door, he would lunge from the inside at the door doing his bark/growl thing.

Kinda mean I guess, but he was a good watchdog. :)

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Had a package from 3 hrs away in Indiana take 12 days to get to me. Could of drove 6hrs and would of had it. Guess that’s why they call it snail mail.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Them delivering a postcard saying that they cant deliver is the most aggressively offensive thing I have heard in a while. An outright slap in the face. HEY DUMBA**! IF YOU CAN DELIVER THAT NOTE, YOU CAN DELIVER THE DAMN MAIL!!!!!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Had a package from 3 hrs away in Indiana take 12 days to get to me. Could of drove 6hrs and would of had it. Guess that’s why they call it snail mail.
    Tell me about it. I had a return that I was shipping to OH. Should have taken 1-2 days. Instead they bounced it back and forth between 2 distribution hubs for a week (every day it moved one direction or the other) then sat for 2 weeks. A week after I filed an insurance claim, it magically took off and started moving again. Still took 4 more days to be delivered, even though it was already in the general area.

2 weeks later I get a note from the inspector "The recipient received your package and credited your card. It is not lost."

Oh, and fill out this survey to tell us how we did.

It wasnt a pretty sight.

Oh, and in November I had a package ship from Missouri. It immediately crossed into a suburb of IL and sat for 2 weeks. This is about the time the photo of the huge warehouse full of heaping Gaylords of boxes was leaked. Finally moved 30 miles, then 2 days later it was in my mailbox.

The USPS is incompetent.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    We have some of the hottest mail chicks in the world. Do you know they make postal service leggings? Deep dark tans in the summer. They still walk around with mail bags. Whew hot women more than one is a ginger without a soul.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    We haven't received anything in the mail since Saturday. Street has been plowed, snow cleared allowing access to the mailbox so not sure why we haven't gotten anything. Seen the USPS truck down the street though. My parents and brother live 2 blocks up the street and around the corner and they haven't received anything either, nor has my next door neighbor.
    I intend to contact the post office later today (Sat)

Wife did receive a package from the big brown truck today so that's a positive

Was it something you said or did to the postmaster? :dunno:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    more than half the time, my report contents are a day late. "You're getting a letter from Citibank and a postcard from Justice tomorrow!" uh, Go home USPS, you're drunk. I got those today.
    Mine aren't really late, but I've had them send "today's" mail and the previous day's mail in the same email. I'm like, "I already got that!" :scratch:

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Was it something you said or did to the postmaster? :dunno:
    Nope. I never speak to the postmaster. I did call the post office this morning and was told it was probably because our street hadn't been plowed...even though reality is it was plowed by 3:00 Tuesday afternoon. On a positive side we did get some mail today so hopefully things will get back to normal

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I had this happen to me a few years ago. I think it has to do with the weather and wanting to get off on time? I emailed the postmaster about it. I knew about it immediately too because i was waiting for a package. There was zero reason they couldnt deliver to me.
    Happens here in the country with our new driver. He's new and still learning the route so I think we are all giving him a break. I did get ahold of the postmaster at the local po about him not picking up my gas bill on Friday. Knowing how slow mail is I didn't want it arriving late so I sent it 2 weeks ahead of due date and he puts my flag down and drove away leaving the bill in the box. That got me a little warm temper wise.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I don't live anywhere near E-ville but when I lived in Gary it was because the whale didn't want to drag her 400 lb(est.) arse out of the mail van to run a parcel to the door

canebreaker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Horn Lake
    I got mail on the 13th, snow on the 14th and 15th, snow on the 17th and 18th, rain on the 22nd, mail on the 23rd, tee shirt and shorts on the 24th. 38 envelopes of junk mail and 1 good mail.
    We don't get a lot of snow down here. My granddaughter is 24 and this was the 2nd time she's had snow cream.

Top Bottom