• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    How can they get away with selling new ones? I spoke to a LGS owner in Terre Haute last week who hadn't heard of this issue and just put new ones on display. You would think L3 would pull these back from distributors to avoid the high RMA costs. Are they still trying to put one over on their retailers???

Are they advertising retail models with specifications that they clearly can't meet? I thought all the grief came from selling the to the DoD. Just because the got in hot water with the DoD doesn't preclude civilian sales.

I want to know if they'll have a huge surplus of refurb models for sale cheap.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Are they advertising retail models with specifications that they clearly can't meet? I thought all the grief came from selling the to the DoD. Just because the got in hot water with the DoD doesn't preclude civilian sales.

I want to know if they'll have a huge surplus of refurb models for sale cheap.

EoTech has changed the wording in the owners manual to state that they do not hold MOA.

I loved mine, just didnt like the two dots, I will be purchasing two more with single dots to replace them.

Isnt it odd that the whole world loved them right up until the day the letter was released........

Expatriated

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    If you like them, i say keep them. Personally ive always hated them, but plenty of people like them.

The same DOJ that is suing eotech is still using them :)

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    [video]https://youtu.be/wMHvkjMQMyg[/video]

Interview from SHOT Show with an EoTech employee about the refunds...

Thanks for the link.... I wish he would have went into more detail about the exchange offer. I'm not sending mine back for a cash refund as I don't shoot in 120+ or -20 degree weather, but to have a new improved model would be nice.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    EoTech has changed the wording in the owners manual to state that they do not hold MOA.

I loved mine, just didnt like the two dots, I will be purchasing two more with single dots to replace them.

Isnt it odd that the whole world loved them right up until the day the letter was released........
    I guess I'm not part of the whole world? Years ago, I found they wouldn't hold zero, when an Aimpoint would. Never liked them from my first and only, til now. Maybe he's changed, but Pat Rogers used to bash them in every class he taught, as did several other trainers. That was only 6 years ago! The argument has been going on sinc long before that, when the Big Army adopted the Aimpoint Comp M, over the Eotech?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Watched the vid, I'm glad L3/Eotech is making good, and the guy made good points, most will never see a difference. I owned ONE, it made it 94 rounds into a EAG Basic Carbine course before it QUIT WORKING TOTALLY! Swapped it for a pre zeroed(as in hadn't been on the gun for a year) Aimpoint CompM2, and finished the class. EO lovers can chime I , but whatever... They don't work, haven't for years, and it's been documented by many, many, civilians. Didn't even have to go to .mil, but they had .gov lawsuit money so...

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Watched the vid, I'm glad L3/Eotech is making good, and the guy made good points, most will never see a difference. I owned ONE, it made it 94 rounds into a EAG Basic Carbine course before it QUIT WORKING TOTALLY! Swapped it for a pre zeroed(as in hadn't been on the gun for a year) Aimpoint CompM2, and finished the class. EO lovers can chime I , but whatever... They don't work, haven't for years, and it's been documented by many, many, civilians. Didn't even have to go to .mil, but they had .gov lawsuit money so...

Mine has done just fine. I wish there was something with the sight picture/reticle of the EO with the battery life and robustness of the Aimpoint.

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Nothing said that has not already been said a million times.

Ok. Well as someone who has been following this from the beginning and has $1200 worth of product sitting somewhere in warehouse, it was nice to hear some thing directly from EOTech since it all started. There is some new info here also... But thanks for your helpful post. :rolleyes:

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Ok. Well as someone who has been following this from the beginning and has $1200 worth of product sitting somewhere in warehouse, it was nice to hear some thing directly from EOTech since it all started. There is some new info here also... But thanks for your helpful post. :rolleyes:

So do tell me what info was in the video that has not been said 20 times already...

No reason to cry, I also have $1,200 in optics that were sent back (EXPS2-2 x2).

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Mine has done just fine. I wish there was something with the sight picture/reticle of the EO with the battery life and robustness of the Aimpoint.

I have dreamed and searched for the perfect optic, like you said if only Aimpoint built the EXPS we would finally have the perfect optic!

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    So do tell me what info was in the video that has not been said 20 times already...

No reason to cry, I also have $1,200 in optics that were sent back (EXPS2-2 x2).

Well to name a quick few with out watching it again He confirmed the refunds will be checks and not any type "certificate", mentioned that we will be offered an exchange if we prefer and also and it all came from the horses mouth a week ago rather than old information from 6 weeks ago...

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Sounds like the first batch of checks are in the mail, this was after emails were sent out stating that checks were being mailed.

I am not going to post the link.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Got my approval to return email yesterday. It says there are 3 things I need to send in:

1. Print out of the approval email

2. Printed refund request page

3. The product

For those that have already sent theirs back, what did you send for #2? I don't have any "refund request page" that I can send back. I filled things out online then got an email saying it had been sent and was in the process of being reviewed and had a case number. It took about a week then I got the approval email. Is there something I should have printed out but didn't? I tried to call but didn't get an answer.

Top Bottom