• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I was unaware that UPS handled firearms. Ammo yes, but firearms, didn't know this.
    All my FFL transfers have gone via FEDEX air or ground. The local FFL in Otterbein mentioned it was illegal to go FEDEX ground. Clearly the large firearms vendor doesn't care or the information is erroneous. I have purchased numerous firearms from the vendor over the years. Hmmm.
    I'm not aware of it being illegal to go FedEx ground, but my understanding is that FedEx, UPS, etc require it go via Air, and other expedited services by policy, likely to keep it in as few employee hands as possible and minimize the time for the item to disappear. Believe FFLs can ship with USPS for handguns, while us normal folks are not allowed to.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    F**kin UPS. :facepalm:

Don't get me started.

The pic below is a part for an injection mold I had to get re-made because UPS lost one just like it. Almost $10K for the replacement. If you've ever machined anything, you know this would suck hugely to make from scratch...

7rVLM6Il.jpg

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    I ran into a deal a few weeks ago, tried tracking a package and it said that there was multiple packages with the same number and could not be tracked. Tried again the next day and it showed my package and where it was.

I wonder if tracking numbers are often used over and over and if that could cause some confusion.
    I ship and receive with UPS daily. The tracking number starts with "1Z". The next six numbers are the account number of the shipper. The next two numbers are how it was shipped. "01" is next day air, "02" is second day air, "03" is ground. There are some other codes for early AM, 2nd day AM, 3 day select, etc. The last eight numbers are what is basically the tracking number.

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    Had issues with FedEx and UPS. Had a pistol returning from a recall at Ruger several years ago. Back when they could deliver to my house (no FFL). Literally watched the FedEx driver slow down at 4:35pm and pass my house while sitting in my office that overlooks the driveway and road. Seconds later I got an update that nobody was home so the package could not be delivered. I chased that truck down the the airport and claimed it there and filed a complaint against the driver. He was a contractor so nothing happened.

Two weeks ago UPS was delivering a larger box to a family member. Three days I received updates that is was on the truck out for delivery. It was never delivered on any of those days. Then one day a delivery notice and the picture was a blurry picture of dirt. It was never delivered. Have a claim with Amazon not but will most likely have to write off $500 because if you do a charge back on a CC card with Amazon your account will be flagged and that would be a serious problem in the long run. Not worth $500.

Contract drivers are the problem because nothing will happen to them.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Had issues with FedEx and UPS. Had a pistol returning from a recall at Ruger several years ago. Back when they could deliver to my house (no FFL). Literally watched the FedEx driver slow down at 4:35pm and pass my house while sitting in my office that overlooks the driveway and road. Seconds later I got an update that nobody was home so the package could not be delivered. I chased that truck down the the airport and claimed it there and filed a complaint against the driver. He was a contractor so nothing happened.

Two weeks ago UPS was delivering a larger box to a family member. Three days I received updates that is was on the truck out for delivery. It was never delivered on any of those days. Then one day a delivery notice and the picture was a blurry picture of dirt. It was never delivered. Have a claim with Amazon not but will most likely have to write off $500 because if you do a charge back on a CC card with Amazon your account will be flagged and that would be a serious problem in the long run. Not worth $500.

I'm thinking create new Amazon account with new email address... not sure if they track that, but for $500 I'd be figuring that out if Amazon didn't play nice.

Grump01

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Madison County

At least it seems Amazon is good about replacing items never received

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    At least it seems Amazon is good about replacing items never received
    That is an interesting topic. It appears to me that Amazon is a give as you get business. Not sure which came first the chicken or the egg. I recently ordered a sheet set that were a brand I have bought for over twenty years, they were clearly counterfeit goods. It took a third call to get where I needed to get to after following their procedures but they acknowledged my assertion and refunded my money and told me to discard them.

My outcomes with Amazon have been perfect as we do not return crap every few seconds, so I suspect that our accounts have scores based on orders vs. returns vs. questionable returns that determines how they handle issues. Other friends that buy similar but have constant returns have more trouble…

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    That is an interesting topic. It appears to me that Amazon is a give as you get business. Not sure which came first the chicken or the egg. I recently ordered a sheet set that were a brand I have bought for over twenty years, they were clearly counterfeit goods. It took a third call to get where I needed to get to after following their procedures but they acknowledged my assertion and refunded my money and told me to discard them.

My outcomes with Amazon have been perfect as we do not return crap every few seconds, so I suspect that our accounts have scores based on orders vs. returns vs. questionable returns that determines how they handle issues. Other friends that buy similar but have constant returns have more trouble…
    From what I see most retailers these days with any analytics capability operate that way (based on return history, etc).

Piezak

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2024
    Mooresville, IN

My wife is the queen of returns. She buys a lot of stuff and returns a lot of stuff. I cannot estimate the percentage that she actually keeps, but have to say that Amazon has never complained. I suspect that Amazon makes returns the burden of the actual sellers.

Last edited:

Piezak

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2024
    Mooresville, IN
    Loosely related: I can recall some years back, that I had ordered something; Amazon, Ebay, or some other vendor; not sure. I was working the garage all afternoon one day and just decided to take a break. I went to the computer and looked up the tracking info and it showed "Delivered". I was like wow, I did not hear them in the driveway. But, I went outside and looked around the front door, front porch, back door, back porch, went to the mailbox; nothing. I went to the vendor site and sent a message out that the parcel was shown as "Delivered", but we did not have the item. I encouraged the vendor to get in touch with their shipper because it was not here.

The next day; similar scenario; working in the garage; when I heard the sound of a truck motor in the driveway. I opened the overhead door and this tiny little lady was carrying our parcel to the front door. I kind of dumped on her; like: what are you guys doing? Padding your stats? I went on to say that it showed "Delivered" yesterday. She was very quiet and couldn't leave fast enough. This was FedEx.

During that time, it seemed that FedEx continued a pattern of claiming earlier than actual delivery dates at least for a while. I am not sure, but don't think this is happening now.

Top Bottom