• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Sorry for the hijack, but this will probably help the OP as well. Any digital recommendations?

Yep
    I was going to recommend the PACT electronic scale, which I've been using quite a lot for the last fifteen years, but it looks likely that PACT discontinued it.
    However, RCBS has the same scale (rebranded with their name) here - https://www.natchezss.com/rcbs-chargemaster-1500-scale.html
    Another plus of this particular scale is that you can use it in combination with the RCBS Chargemaster powder dispenser, which will electronically dispense and weigh each powder charge.
    https://www.natchezss.com/rcbs-chargemaster-dispenser-and-scale-110-volt.html

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Yep
    I was going to recommend the PACT electronic scale, which I've been using quite a lot for the last fifteen years, but it looks likely that PACT discontinued it.
    However, RCBS has the same scale (rebranded with their name) here - https://www.natchezss.com/rcbs-chargemaster-1500-scale.html
    Another plus of this particular scale is that you can use it in combination with the RCBS Chargemaster powder dispenser, which will electronically dispense and weigh each powder charge.
    https://www.natchezss.com/rcbs-chargemaster-dispenser-and-scale-110-volt.html

Great recommendation. Thanks.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland

Good move.
    As I said, you can always upgrade and add the automatic powder dispenser to it should you like in the future.
    I find that the electronic dispenser/scale combos work particularly well for loading rifle cartridges with the "stick" type extruded powders such as IMR4064 4895, 4350, 4831, and many others.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Good move.
    As I said, you can always upgrade and add the automatic powder dispenser to it should you like in the future.
    I find that the electronic dispenser/scale combos work particularly well for loading rifle cartridges with the "stick" type extruded powders such as IMR4064 4895, 4350, 4831, and many others.

That was part of the appeal for me (upgrade to add the dispenser later). I have always heard (no real-life experience) that the stick powders are harder to dispense with the auto-loaders. I am not sure how much of an issue that is going to be for me yet as I am just starting to assemble my first pieces of gear, but it is nice to know that I at least have a path forward should I need one.

The price is great at Natchez as well, $139.99. The same exact unit (without the dispenser) is going for $199.99 on Amazon. Saved $60.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    That was part of the appeal for me (upgrade to add the dispenser later). I have always heard (no real-life experience) that the stick powders are harder to dispense with the auto-loaders. I am not sure how much of an issue that is going to be for me yet as I am just starting to assemble my first pieces of gear, but it is nice to know that I at least have a path forward should I need one.

The price is great at Natchez as well, $139.99. The same exact unit (without the dispenser) is going for $199.99 on Amazon. Saved $60.

FWIW, my PACT dispenser does perfectly with the IMR4831 I usually use for .30-06, almost always getting the weight right on the money or at most 0.1 grain over or under.
    You're right about Natchez, too.
    I always shop around before getting reloading supplies, but Natchez somehow seems the be the one that manages to get the best deals most often.
    Graf's does have one advantage with their $7 flat rate shipping, though, which would be particularly good when ordering heavy stuff (bullets, presses, etc.) though.

Top Bottom