• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GJ1981

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Last weekend I decided I needed to get away and have some fun. With the way gas is I didn't want to drive my truck so I figured my 5.0 gets 20+mpg so why not. I normally don't drive it long distances but it was a nice day. Well as I'm driving through a construction area some DS pulls right out in front of me. I had seen him in the distance and had the gut feeling he was going to fly out of the business driveway. Lucky I had that feeling so I was able to slow down enough that the damage was minimal. As soon as this guy gets out I also got the feeling he didn't have insurance. I went 2 for 2 that day and I was right, zero insurance. He tried to offer me money to not call the police which made me call them anyway. If he would have at least had insurance I wouldn't have been so upset. I just don't understand people nowadays. If your driving without the requirements needed be careful and don't doing anything stupid. Anyone else think the penalty should be more than just a ticket?

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    On my insurance policy, there is a charge (that I pay) for "Uninsured Motorists". So, if all policies are alike, then there is no such thing as an uninsured motorist. Ok, I got that out of the way.................

YES! I do believe there should be a more severe punishment for driving without insurance.

I don't know about you, but I'm tired of paying for someone else without being able to claim them on my taxes for a refund.

It seems to be a trend.

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    take there DL away. no insurance means they cant drive anyway. some would say that if they drove without insurance then they will drive without a DL. so if cought again they go to jail. ive been on the other end and hit a hispanic who didnt have insurance. very minimal damage, and i gave him a speech about why should i pay for you if you dont have insurance. i used a little stronger language if you know what i mean, but he got in his car and left...can you say hit and run.

karlsgunbunker

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    As a precaution I have carried Uninsured/Under Insured Motorist coverage as long as I can remember. Only used it once but it was well worth it.
    PIP - Personal Injury Protection is also a good investment.
    With all the Illegals and Irresponsable Idiots out there it's worth the extra cost.
    If you get injured by someone with no insurance you are SCREWED.

Episcopus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Northwest Indiana
    I am constantly amazed by how many people come through my office after getting arrested for driving without a license/with a suspended license. They are always caught for doing the stupidest **** imagineable, too. Things like blowing stop signs that cops are stopped at, doing 15+ over the limit, turning without turn signals, pulling out in front of cop cars and making the cops stomp their brakes. Basic stuff that you shouldn't need to be taught; things you should just know.

quiggly

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Noblesville
    As a precaution I have carried Uninsured/Under Insured Motorist coverage as long as I can remember. Only used it once but it was well worth it.
    PIP - Personal Injury Protection is also a good investment.
    With all the Illegals and Irresponsable Idiots out there it's worth the extra cost.
    If you get injured by someone with no insurance you are SCREWED.

Amen to the UI protection.

I think it is almost standard these days that Auto policies carry the UI clause.

A fact to back up the need for it. My son was riding in a car with some other teenagers that had an accident. It was a rollover and there were some bad injuries, nothing fatal however. All of the kids were taken by ambulance to the hospital and one went via LifeLine.
    The driver had insurance but it was one of those minimal plans that didn't have very high limits so the insurance limits were more than maxed out.

Indiana law states that your medical coverage gets first covered by the insured motorist, then you go to your Auto insurance coverage, then you can go to your medical coverage.

My son didn't even have his drivers license let so I couldn't understand why we had to go to our Auto insurance first? This made no sense to me. But thats just the way it is. If you are walking down the road and hit by another driver, after their insurance pays its limits, you go to your Auto insurance?

Yet another bureaucratic nightmare made to give people jobs.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    I know some people can make mistakes (forget to pay premium) and have their insurance lapse. It happened to me I got lucky and learned an expensive lesson but at no one else’s expense. The wind blew a tree down on to my truck. When I called the insurance agent he said my policy had lapsed. So I had to pay for the damage but I feel fortunate that I was not in an accident with someone else.
    That being said I have no respect for those that knowingly drive without insurance. I have a friend that drives with out insurance 11 months out of the year. The month he has insurance is because he had to get his license plate renewed. I don't wish bad things to him but it pisses me off he has been doing this for 10 years. He takes offense when I don't let him borrow my trailer or let my kids ride with him, oh well I don't see him too much of him anymore....hmm.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    I was just rear-ended last night. Chick was watching the light for the wrong lane and when it turned green... WHAM... she rear-ends me!!:xmad:

Fortunately, she was insured. :rolleyes:
    :cheers:

Top Bottom