• ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I saw a post about those on weaponsguild a while back. I just looked for the post and could not fine it. Bummer. I thing the mentioned it in then post. I would be curious about the quality. Sounds like a great ideal to me. Buy one so we can find out :-)

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    They are $320 with a barrel and no receiver. Considering you don't need additional 922r parts, that's not bad, provided they are manufactured 'close enough'. I would never say 'exactly' with an AK.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    If I didn't have 3 AK kits I'd be all over that like ugly on a ape. I am going to see how these builds go. I can tell you that it's cheaper then what I have in my kits. I kind wish someone was bringing one of these to the party. I'd love to see one!

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    There are no companies producing a completely made in the USA AK SO I DON'T HNOW WHAT CENTERFIRE IS SELLING. MAY NEED CALL THEM TOMORROW AS IT SOUNDS LIKE A BULGY KIT THEY PUT THE US PARTS IN WITH BEFORE SENDING IT OUT SO ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS RIVET IT TOGETHER.

sorry, as I was wathing my fingers type I didn't notice the caplock nor do I feel like fixing it. :)

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    NOT NICE TO YELL!!!! lol. I don't know what's up with the add. It clearly reads USA made kit. If it is just a compliant kit they need to rewrite the add. If you call please let us know what's up.

It clearly reads "All new USA made parts".

7.62x39 AK-47 U.S. Made Parts Kit

engineerpower

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    State of Boone
    I think the story on these is that they're I.O. rejects. You'll notice the buttstock and grip looks just like theirs, the front trunnion isn't even drilled, and the barrel is populated with roll pins.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I think the story on these is that they're I.O. rejects. You'll notice the buttstock and grip looks just like theirs, the front trunnion isn't even drilled, and the barrel is populated with roll pins.

I was going to call today. I'll try to remember to call tomorrow and find out.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    There is no way I would build from the rejects of over gassed rifles. I've read too many stories about the rear trunnion rivets bending because bolt carrier is slamming the back of the rifle.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I just got off the ph with CF. These are from I/O and are all American made parts. What's up with the over gassed? That scares me!

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    I just got off the ph with CF. These are from I/O and are all American made parts. What's up with the over gassed? That scares me!

IO Inc. AK-47 update for 2013 | Firearms4u

I've read a few people with this issue over the years from IO parts. When you build a rifle, make sure you inspect it over time. For an overgassed rifle, the bolt carrier is slamming into the rear trunnion and will deform the rivets (and could bend the receiver). There are rubber stoppers you can add to give the carrier something softer to hit and you can replace the standard spring with a stiffer one (I think Brownell's and Midway carry them). The spring will require more energy to push. If you are still having problems, you need to reweld and redrill the hole to prevent the extra gas.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    IO Inc. AK-47 update for 2013 | Firearms4u

I've read a few people with this issue over the years from IO parts. When you build a rifle, make sure you inspect it over time. For an overgassed rifle, the bolt carrier is slamming into the rear trunnion and will deform the rivets (and could bend the receiver). There are rubber stoppers you can add to give the carrier something softer to hit and you can replace the standard spring with a stiffer one (I think Brownell's and Midway carry them). The spring will require more energy to push. If you are still having problems, you need to reweld and redrill the hole to prevent the extra gas.

Thanks for posting that link. Over gassing should be an easy fix. Catching it before damage would be the key. I'll probably snag one for a future build. But will go over it with a fine tooth comb!

Top Bottom